Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Bit dramatic don't you think m00.

Welcome to so was everybody else. Any Republican candidate coming out of the primary was probably down 6 points right away and had to play from behind. Except for Ron Paul. He was probably down 20.

Seriously? All I ever heard from anyone was that Romney was not their first choice. Were you not paying attention during the campaign season.

Not quite. Putting Barry in office was. Even Rand Paul knew this.
    m00 and Linda #'s...seperated at birth?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Bit dramatic don't you think m00.
    There are probably one or two political issues that get me really, really annoyed. This is it. The idea that doing something other than voting for X is equivalent to voting for X is insane.

I think what's dramatic is the ongoing destruction of the conservative wing of the Republican party. Everyone freaked out when Obama was elected, but it was obvious from a mile away. Things aren't going to get better until people wake up.

Not quite. Putting Barry in office was. Even Rand Paul knew this.
    The only people who put Barry in office was Romney and the RNC.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    There are probably one or two political issues that get me really, really annoyed. This is it. The idea that doing something other than voting for X is equivalent to voting for X is insane.

I think what's dramatic is the ongoing destruction of the conservative wing of the Republican party. Everyone freaked out when Obama was elected, but it was obvious from a mile away. Things aren't going to get better until people wake up.

The only people who put Barry in office was Romney and the RNC.

You are contradicting yourself.

The people who put Barry in office where those who voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You are contradicting yourself.

The people who put Barry in office where those who voted for him.
    I worded that clumsily.

Obama is responsible for people voting for Obama, and Romney (and the RNC) is responsible for people voting for Romney. In this election, voter turnout for Romney was remarkably low. To the point where if every 3rd party vote went to Obama, it wouldn't have changed a single EV. My point was that on the Republican side this isn't anything other than a rejection of Romney, and to a larger extent his campaign.

This was a simple decision for me. I looked at who had the best chances of beating Obama and voted for that person. I did not vote for Romney in the primary but I was not going to assist the in re-election of Obama by voting for someone who didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I worded that clumsily.

Obama is responsible for people voting for Obama, and Romney (and the RNC) is responsible for people voting for Romney. In this election, voter turnout for Romney was remarkably low. To the point where if every 3rd party vote went to Obama, it wouldn't have changed a single EV. My point was that on the Republican side this isn't anything other than a rejection of Romney, and to a larger extent his campaign.
    I disagree. This was a ham sandwich election and whatever problems Republicans had, it wasn't with other Republicans. The problem they had was convincing others to vote for Romney. But all they were really offering was "Romney is not Obama" and I understand that the right has a great deal of animus for our president but unfortunately for them, that is a minority opinion.

I disagree. This was a ham sandwich election and whatever problems Republicans had, it wasn't with other Republicans. The problem they had was convincing others to vote for Romney. But all they were really offering was "Romney is not Obama" and I understand that the right has a great deal of animus for our president but unfortunately for them, that is a minority opinion.
    But Romney couldn't turn out Republicans. The numbers have shown this. I agree it wasn't a "ham sandwich" election -- as much as people want to believe this, it never is. You actually do have to run a real candidate. The Republican leadership had themselves convinced of this false dichotomy that the only two options is that Obama is God, or Obama is the anti-Christ. If you don't think Obama is the anti-Christ, therefore you believe Obama is God.

You've got it backwards (again). Romney was so thoroughly vilified by the media and the Democrats (redundant, I know) that he had to work ten times harder just to establish that he wasn't a monster who raped companies, outsourced child labor and denied medical care to dying women. Obama's campaign was one of the most dishonest that I have ever seen, and I go back quite a while.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

...whatever problems Republicans had, it wasn't with other Republicans. The problem they had was convincing others to vote for Romney.
    Sure it was. Republican turnout was down. In the millions it turns out. I've heard varying ranges but it was enough to cost Rs the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble
    But all they were really offering was "Romney is not Obama"
    Then you weren't paying attention and this is incredibly ridiculous as it's coming from "your side" or "The Left" as it were. Barry ran solely on "I'm not Bush" in 2008. He did it in 2012 too but added Republicans want to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, Romney didn't pay taxes, killed my wife, hates dogs and old people and wants to outlaw contraception and Planned Parenthood.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble
    and I understand that the right has a great deal of animus for our president but unfortunately for them, that is a minority opinion.
    Even if that were true...meh. Multiply it by 1,000 during the GW years.
    Be Not Afraid.

Sure it was. Republican turnout was down. In the millions it turns out. I've heard varying ranges but it was enough to cost Rs the election.
    The most recent count I have heard puts Romney ahead of McCain in total votes, right after the election he was behind.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...vs_mccain.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg