Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You supported Obama during the election hence my opinion as to why you don't see a problem with this.
    You got any quotes to back this up?

Or is this one of those... any verbal criticism of the Romney campaign, or any of his surrogates, is tantamount to "supporting Obama" which equates with "worshipping Obama as Jesus Christ"

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You are too late. Glen Beck beat you to it.

Although it is not a picture, it is a bobble head doll and for my part, that doesn't look like urine.
    I guess Glen Beck and I agree...

Beck agreed with D’Antuono’s sentiment, saying, “Art is in the eye of the beholder, and this guy has right to do this. I think it’s offensive. I don’t think it’s close to reality, but whatever floats your boat, Jack. I support his right to do exactly that.”

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    If you really like a politician, you can paint him in a thousand other ways. If you choose a universally known religious symbol to equate your politician with a deity people actually worship, you are being blasphemous. The difference is that today's Christian's won't imprison or execute you for blasphemy, but today's Muslims will take out as many of your citizenry as they can.
    Apparently a seemingly mediocre artist has gotten himself quite a bit of attention with a cliché. I'd say he's probably proud of himself.

Fabulous Poster
    You are too late. Glen Beck beat you to it.

Although it is not a picture, it is a bobble head doll and for my part, that doesn't look like urine.
    Glenn Beck is a moron. I listened to him for a few seconds yesterday while on an errand as he was challenging his sycophant to name "Three other people who have been crucified." He thought it was funny to mention Peter being crucified (albeit no contemporary accounts of same exist) but said that didn't count because he wasn't wearing a crown of thorns (how the F would Glenn Beck know that? Is it in the Book of Moron?).

The Crucified Christ imagery, and quite often the Christ story (Being There, The Iron Giant, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, etc ...) has been used quite often in art, literature, movies, photography, and all that.

Offense is your choice.

I am sort of with Odie on this one. It is overt, heavy handed, and sloppy. All it gets from me is a "meh."
    To compare that artist's imagery with the allegory of the Chronicle of Narnia is ridiculous!.

C. S. Lewis in stated that when writing the Narnia books he asked himself what would Christ be like if he was born in Narnia and Aslan was the answer he came up with. I don't believe that the artist asked himself what would Christ be like if he was born in the USA and concluded he would be as Obama. I feel his thought processes were a lot more convoluted than that and I also suspect that much of his purpose was to tweak Christian sensibilities.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I wonder if we should take to the streets and kill people, I mean it's not OUR fault we were outraged by someone BLASPHEMY against our God, hell maybe obama would even come out and say "You know, all this is because of a paintin'"

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    To compare that artist's imagery with the allegory of the Chronicle of Narnia is ridiculous!.

C. S. Lewis in stated that when writing the Narnia books he asked himself what would Christ be like if he was born in Narnia and Aslan was the answer he came up with. I don't believe that the artist asked himself what would Christ be like if he was born in the USA and concluded he would be as Obama. I feel his thought processes were a lot more convoluted than that and I also suspect that much of his purpose was to tweak Christian sensibilities.

I think Lewis created a story for children in which the same basic lessons of the gospel were put in an alternative setting, so that they would spark the readers' imaginations and ultimately their actions-to be able to rely upon their faith to sustain them and direct them in any situation or place,

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    You got any quotes to back this up?

Or is this one of those... any verbal criticism of the Romney campaign, or any of his surrogates, is tantamount to "supporting Obama" which equates with "worshipping Obama as Jesus Christ"
    You voted against Romney hence you voted for Obama even if you didn't actually hit the switch for him. A vote for 3rd party loser was a vote for Obama in this election so that said, you voted for Obama IMO.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    True, and according to Obama we have 9 more states since then.
    Actually it's 10. People always leave out the 58th state Obama mentions in that line: "I've now been in 57 states. I think 1 left to go..."
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You voted against Romney hence you voted for Obama even if you didn't actually hit the switch for him. A vote for 3rd party loser was a vote for Obama in this election so that said, you voted for Obama IMO.
    You do realize that if every Gary Johnson vote had gone for Mitt Romney, he still would have lost, yes?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger