Thread: Our three dogs

1. #1 Our three dogs 
    Been talking about our puppies...figured it was time to meet them:
    Conner is just over a year old, border collie mix. This was taken at the local dog park.

Desi and Lucy are Jack Chi's. They will be a year old in 3 weeks.

Lucy was looking at my husband with the "did you really WAKE me up just to do this", LOL.

He wanted to call them Mutt & Jeff, I said NO! Conner was given his name by the shelter.

Oh, and we have 7 cats as well...varying in age from 14 to 18 months. All but two are over 10.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Your pups are darling. Desi and Lucy are cute little names for cute little pooches. Conner is a very nice looking pup. You've got your hands full with 3 such young dogs, along with all those cats. You and your hubby have to be good people to take good care of your pets.

We have two greyhounds, Darlene and Bella. Darlene is 9 1/2 and Bella is 3 1/2. We've only had Bella for a year. We lost Blue (the dog in my avatar pic) the Friday after Thanksgiving, 2011. We got Bella in December. She and Darlene are buddies and usually inseperable.

Darlene is black and Bella is a dark charcoal grey. Usually it's harder for black dogs to be adopted, no matter the breed.

Bella was a very bad racer, apparently ran 10 races and lost all of them, coming in second once. She's much happier playing with her toys, moving them all over the house.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Cute puppers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You've got your hands full with 3 such young dogs, along with all those cats.
    At one point I thought we were gonna lose our minds...mainly because Conner was so NON-verbal when he needed to go outside. He would just go stand at the door, not scratching or anything...just stand there. And if you didn't happen to see him go that way, you wouldn't know he needed to go out. They all stay at night in the laundry room, Desi & Lucy in a crate, Conner has a bed beside the crate.

Conner also can jump the baby gates but he doesn't...he respects the ones we have up that give the cats an escape from the puppies.

We have two greyhounds, Darlene and Bella. Darlene is 9 1/2 and Bella is 3 1/2. We've only had Bella for a year. We lost Blue (the dog in my avatar pic) the Friday after Thanksgiving, 2011. We got Bella in December. She and Darlene are buddies and usually inseperable.

Darlene is black and Bella is a dark charcoal grey. Usually it's harder for black dogs to be adopted, no matter the breed.

Bella was a very bad racer, apparently ran 10 races and lost all of them, coming in second once. She's much happier playing with her toys, moving them all over the house.
    I'm sorry about Blue...but he would be glad to know Bella was able to join your home.

Glad Darlene and Bella are such friends.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    At one point I thought we were gonna lose our minds...mainly because Conner was so NON-verbal when he needed to go outside. He would just go stand at the door, not scratching or anything...just stand there. And if you didn't happen to see him go that way, you wouldn't know he needed to go out. They all stay at night in the laundry room, Desi & Lucy in a crate, Conner has a bed beside the crate.

Conner also can jump the baby gates but he doesn't...he respects the ones we have up that give the cats an escape from the puppies.

I'm sorry about Blue...but he would be glad to know Bella was able to join your home.

Glad Darlene and Bella are such friends.
    Blue was my best pooch. We battled his epilepsy for 1o years. In the end, cancer got him.

It's tough when the pups just stay by the door and hope you notice them. Our other grey, Xena, who we also lost to cancer, would stand by the door quietly. She was a good girl, though, and never had an accident. Of course the greys are older when they're adopted, so it's easier. You have your work cut out for you with 3 young dogs.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Blue was my best pooch. We battled his epilepsy for 1o years. In the end, cancer got him.

It's tough when the pups just stay by the door and hope you notice them. Our other grey, Xena, who we also lost to cancer, would stand by the door quietly. She was a good girl, though, and never had an accident. Of course the greys are older when they're adopted, so it's easier. You have your work cut out for you with 3 young dogs.
    Mindy is generally a pretty quiet dog. We let her out often enough that there usually isn't an issue, but if she does go along time the only indication she'll give us is to walk into the living, look at us, and then walk back to the kitchen door. She hasn't had an accident in a long time though. Even the day Anna was born, she was left alone in the house for 14 hours, and she held it the entire time.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    Been talking about our puppies...figured it was time to meet them:
    Conner is just over a year old, border collie mix. This was taken at the local dog park.

Conner looks like a very nice dog.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg