Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I yelled at my parents tonight... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A Bouncy from Peggy!!!!

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
    CaliforniaPeggy

I yelled at my parents tonight...

They had called to wish me a happy birthday, and we had a very pleasant chat...

Until somehow we found ourselves talking about fracking. And the Keystone Pipeline.

Now, they were Republicans for all the years I was growing up, and beyond...But about oh maybe 8-10 years ago, they re-registered as Democrats. They have been faithfully voting for Democrats for some time now. I could not be any more pleased!

But I guess some of their attitudes are still Republican.

And that's why I yelled at them.

So. I need good, solid references to show them the error of their ways, and I hope that you good people can help me out. They need facts.

I hope you can help.
    I don't know if any of you have seen Peg but her parents must be 110 so shame on her for "yelling" at them!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

2. #2 Ah yes, the Gasland gambit. I kew a DUmmiy would mention that. 
    Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Original post)
    Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:44 AM
    DCKit (17,939 posts)
    25. Ask them to rent a copy of "Gasland". It's all they need to know. nt

Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with that "documentary" is that it is not science based but rather a Michael Moore style propaganda piece.

"In an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer, John Hanger, the secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection said the film is "fundamentally dishonest" and "a deliberately false presentation for dramatic effect."

http://www.anga.us/TruthAboutGasland

I really doubt that these dipshits would give up their oil based plastic PC's,I pads, smart phones, cars, clothing, medical devices, etc. Our way of life is based on oil and petrochemicals derived from oil.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

There is a Matt Damon movie coming out that deals with the hidden dangers of fracking. However, the producers now realize that it was based on junk science and they are trying to figure out how to spin the movie so people will come and see it.

It is amazing how many libs will ignore proof that the science behind some of their beliefs is junk science simply because it doesn't support what they feel is true.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

What I don't get is why does no one discuss the effect humans have on their local environments instead of all this end of the world BS? Oh wait, I know why, because if we admit that we can track the changes we're making we can apply real solutions such as, domesticating an endangered species before it's too late, increase fines for littering, maybe build several smaller factories instead of one big one... but those are real potential solutions to real localized pollution issues. A solution means you lose the issue politically and have to get off your butt and help do something, regardless of whether you're "rich". A littering fine effects progressives as much as the rest of us, domesticating animals forces us to admit we are stewards of this planet and not just another species of animal, and attempting to break up pollution, means people may have to move around. The point is, real solutions mean action, climate change means we can bitch and moan about what other people are doing, and do nothing ourselves, because in the end the problem is too big to do anything anyway.
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Hey SR, I didn't go there but did she start with..... My Dear Parents I had a happy birthday and I hate you!!?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

How can shooting water down a hole to extract mineral deposits be bad? Those people are so stupid. They been doing fracking for a couple of decades and I don't recall ever hearing about something happening. Unless I missed something?

The environmentalist suck ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    How can shooting water down a hole to extract mineral deposits be bad? Those people are so stupid. They been doing fracking for a couple of decades and I don't recall ever hearing about something happening. Unless I missed something?
    Not entirely sure but I think fracking has been done for about 50 years now. Would have to search on it...don't feel like it.

I think what set them off was a clip of a guy lighting his water on fire as it came out of the spigot and blaming the methane in the water on fracking. Apparently it's bullshit because the methane was there naturally. Again, verify it. The clip is sick though!!
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    ...her parents must be 110...
    140, easy.

I need good, solid references to show them the error of their ways, and I hope that you good people can help me out. They need facts.
    Typical DUmmy. In other words, I don't know anything myself I just drink the kool-aid my Dem handlers tell me to drink.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    What I don't get is why does no one discuss the effect humans have on their local environments instead of all this end of the world BS? Oh wait, I know why, because if we admit that we can track the changes we're making we can apply real solutions such as, domesticating an endangered species before it's too late, increase fines for littering, maybe build several smaller factories instead of one big one... but those are real potential solutions to real localized pollution issues. A solution means you lose the issue politically and have to get off your butt and help do something, regardless of whether you're "rich". A littering fine effects progressives as much as the rest of us, domesticating animals forces us to admit we are stewards of this planet and not just another species of animal, and attempting to break up pollution, means people may have to move around. The point is, real solutions mean action, climate change means we can bitch and moan about what other people are doing, and do nothing ourselves, because in the end the problem is too big to do anything anyway.
    Those solutions require effort or inconvenience on the part of the person doing them. Domesticating an endangered species takes work. It entails herding, breeding and seeking markets for products. Building smaller factories means more of them, some within sight of the homes of liberals. It's much easier to put a bumper sticker on the Prius, drive it to a rally, pick up some some alterna-chick and bring her home to the McMansion, all the while congratulating themselves for their commitment to the planet. Remember, they don't want to solve the problems, they want to control the rest of us, and lord their moral superiority over us.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Those solutions require effort or inconvenience on the part of the person doing them. Domesticating an endangered species takes work. It entails herding, breeding and seeking markets for products. Building smaller factories means more of them, some within sight of the homes of liberals. It's much easier to put a bumper sticker on the Prius, drive it to a rally, pick up some some alterna-chick and bring her home to the McMansion, all the while congratulating themselves for their commitment to the planet. Remember, they don't want to solve the problems, they want to control the rest of us, and lord their moral superiority over us.
    What sometimes bugs me is, they're right to a degree, there ARE problems with the climate on earth that are caused by humans, just not any that are going to wipe us out as a species this century. It's not hard to understand why New Yorkers believe all of the cars they drive are effecting the environment, it's an indisputable fact that they are. You can't stuff that many cars in one spot, drive them 24/7 and not expect something to happen. You'll get your thick smog, land that will never grow anything, and night skies without visible stars (well that has more to do with the lights from the buildings). But then you walk a few hours and come out of New York City (particularly around the Fort Drum area), the smog clears away, there's semi fertile land and you can look up and see stars.

I don't think it's gonna wipe out the planet, but if the heavy population centers of the country continue sitting in tiny areas, they're probably asking for trouble. This isn't even me saying the government should be out of it. Relocating people from New York City would take government cooperation, especially for those who can't just pick up and move... and lets face it, save for forced deportation, the only real way to move a good number of people out of New York, would be to go into the slums and collect all the people chomping at the bit to get OUT! I'm also not suggesting they fall on government programs, but that the Government work with businesses in other states and across the state, to get jobs and homes ready for these people. This would be an investment to clean up New York and create more tax income by getting all the welfare recipients out of the slums. Who am I kidding though, if the Dems or the Rinos wanted folks out of the slums, they wouldn't district them so they can only go to failing schools.
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.