Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Four-D Ultrasounds Show Videos of Unborn Children 
    November 28, 2012

Steven H. Aden
    Ultrasounds have long been a thorn in the side of abortion sellers.

This is because the images of hearts beating inside the womb, and of children sucking their thumbs or reacting to outside stimuli, have gone a long way in undercutting the "mass of cells" or "bundle of DNA" theories abortionists pawn to ease the consciences of prospective clients.

And this is why pro-abortion forces demonize the 24 states that require an ultrasound before an abortion -- they know that mothers who look upon their children's faces will have a harder time looking the other way while an abortionist stops a beating heart.

With this understood, abortionists have to be more than a little concerned with the growing number of next-generation ultrasounds, which are taking images and video from inside the womb to unimagined levels.

Four-D ultrasound scans, the latest variants of which were released last year, can be found at hospitals throughout the country and are being used by researchers to watch the development of children in real time.

One group of researchers is currently using 4D to record 24-week-old babies yawning in the womb.

These scans are so advanced that they not only detect and record the yawns, but actually record how long the yawns last and the frequency at which they are occurring.

According to 4D researcher Nadja Reissland, "4D ultra-sound scans are to 3D scans as video footage is to still photos: they are in 3D but also have a time dimension, allowing doctors and researchers to measure how long the behavior they are observing lasts."

As Reissland and other researchers watched the yawns in their testing, they were able to establish habits and patterns that could "serve as an index of health in unborn babies."

If seeing 3D images of babies discouraged mothers from aborting their children, what will 4D videos do?

If seeing the face of her child had a positive impact on the mother, how much more will watching the child yawn and move?

The old storylines of a "mass of cells" or a "bundle of DNA" keep becoming a harder sell for doctors of death. They, together with some courts and activist groups, may move slowly in admitting that children in the womb are children nonetheless, but ultrasound technology has not proven to be so lethargic.

Steven H. Aden is senior counsel with Alliance Defending Freedom (www.alliancedefendingfreedom.org), a legal alliance employing a unique combination of strategy, training, funding, and litigation to protect and preserve religious liberty and the sanctity of life, marriage, and the family. Aden heads Alliance Defending Freedom's work to defend the sanctity of life in court from its Washington, D.C., regional service center.

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._children.html at November 28, 2012 - 10:49:29 AM CST
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

For what it's worth-the pro choice side does not have any issues with ultrasound as a medical procedure. The problem is when governments decide that women have to undergo one prior to having an abortion.

We don't have that rule in Michigan, but we do have this stupid law in which women must be given antiabortion literature at the consult appointment and wait 24 hours between then and the actual abortion.

I guess we're supposed to be grateful that women seeking abortions aren't given the full Clockwork Orange treatment to ensure that they actually see the images the antiabortion people want to use to guilt-trip or humiliate them into changing their minds. Maybe I shouldn't have put that out there, someone might decide to put that one through the Virginia legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For what it's worth-the pro choice side does not have any issues with ultrasound as a medical procedure. The problem is when governments decide that women have to undergo one prior to having an abortion.

We don't have that rule in Michigan, but we do have this stupid law in which women must be given antiabortion literature at the consult appointment and wait 24 hours between then and the actual abortion.

I guess we're supposed to be grateful that women seeking abortions aren't given the full Clockwork Orange treatment to ensure that they actually see the images the antiabortion people want to use to guilt-trip or humiliate them into changing their minds. Maybe I shouldn't have put that out there, someone might decide to put that one through the Virginia legislature.
    Since an abortion uses ultrasound in order to locate the target, why should the ultrasound not be presented to the patient? If any other part of the medical profession tried to evade informed consent requirements in order to maximize its bottom line and encourage elective procedures, they'd be castigated throughout the media, but Planned Parenthood can justify keeping women ignorant as part of its protection of their rights. BTW, now that the taxpayer is going to be footing the bill for abortions, I think that we have a right to demand that the patient know exactly what is being done. If you don't like that, then don't make us pay for it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Since an abortion uses ultrasound in order to locate the target, why should the ultrasound not be presented to the patient? If any other part of the medical profession tried to evade informed consent requirements in order to maximize its bottom line and encourage elective procedures, they'd be castigated throughout the media, but Planned Parenthood can justify keeping women ignorant as part of its protection of their rights. BTW, now that the taxpayer is going to be footing the bill for abortions, I think that we have a right to demand that the patient know exactly what is being done. If you don't like that, then don't make us pay for it.

Do you really think women are not aware of what they are doing when they seek an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    For what it's worth-the pro choice side <snip>
    I really wish you people would stop using the term pro-choice and start calling it what it is. Because to the pro choice crowd, the only choice is abortion so call a spade a spade.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I really wish you people would stop using the term pro-choice and start calling it what it is. Because to the pro choice crowd, the only choice is abortion so call a spade a spade.
    My mother is pro-choice and she has three children.
    My grandmother was pro-choice and she had three children.
    Both of my sisters are pro-choice and both have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    And how many of them are moonbat activists? I've never heard of someone who is pro choice who ever advocated as life as being the choice. So your non sequitur fails.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

*Redacted*
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

We are getting this equipment next month at my hospital. Some of my pregnant coworkers are lining up to be test subjects before we start booking patients. Very exciting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    So your mom decided AGAINST abortion when she was pregnant with you?