Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    So your mom decided AGAINST abortion when she was pregnant with you?
    Possibly not.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I really wish you people would stop using the term pro-choice and start calling it what it is. Because to the pro choice crowd, the only choice is abortion so call a spade a spade.

Being pro choice means I support abortion being legal. It doesn't mean that I don't support other options for pregnant women, or that I have a problem with groups that provide adoption services and support women who choose to have their babies and keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Being pro choice means I support abortion being legal. It doesn't mean that I don't support other options for pregnant women, or that I have a problem with groups that provide adoption services and support women who choose to have their babies and keep them.
    So why do you support abortions? Is it because the "fetus" is a "parasite? Or because the "fetus" only becomes human a few inches south?

It's quite funny (though not really) how pro abortionists always throw in that disclaimer...oh, but I also support anything but abortion...just say you support abortion and be true to yourself.

Power CUer
    She said she supports it as one option. That's pretty clear. I think that it's the most personal decision an individual can make, which is why the choice has to remain with the individual. Alexandra Petri said it best during the recent campaign (Oct. 24 opinion column, Washington Post):

"One part of the electoral process I dislike intensely is watching candidates for public office very gently and delicately and respectfully murmur soft phrases into microphones about the sanctity of life and how best to respect rape survivors. You know how best to respect people? Let them make their own choices, guided by their own beliefs — which may, or may not, match yours."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

"One part of the electoral process I dislike intensely is watching candidates for public office very gently and delicately and respectfully murmur soft phrases into microphones about the sanctity of life and how best to respect rape survivors. You know how best to respect people? Let them make their own choices, guided by their own beliefs — which may, or may not, match yours."
    I got all teary-eyed with that quote.

Unfortunately for the murdered baby, their is no respect for them. Their choices effect another human, living being. Give the baby up for adoption if you don't want to keep it. Respect their life.

I got all teary-eyed with that quote.

Unfortunately for the murdered baby, their is no respect for them. Their choices effect another human, living being. Give the baby up for adoption if you don't want to keep it. Respect their life.
    Funny when they talk about "their" choices and how important they are, they OTOH fail to get that baby a choice.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Power CUer
    Unfortunately for the murdered baby, their (sic) is no respect for them. Their choices effect another human, living being. Give the baby up for adoption if you don't want to keep it. Respect their life.
    I think it's great when people do that. I was adopted as an infant myself. The law does not REQUIRE altruism, however; it's wonderful when people do it, but we can't force them to do it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think it's great when people do that. I was adopted as an infant myself.
    Wonderful story and a happy ending. That's a choice I would support.

Do you really think women are not aware of what they are doing when they seek an abortion?
    Democrats seem to think so. Otherwise, why lie about the nature of ultrasounds?
    So your mom decided AGAINST abortion when she was pregnant with you?
    +1!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!