Thread: Duck Hunting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Duck Hunting 
    I had my first experience duck hunting today. I got a few shots off, but I didn't tag anything. Going again in the morning.

I had an absolute blast with it though. A very differant style of hunting from what I'm used to, but I like it. The time passes easier when you can sit there and BS with a guy and not have to worry about scaring things off like if you were deer hunting.

I think I'm hooked. I just wish my schedule would allow me to get out more, but since the guys I hunt with work with me, getting days off together are pretty hard.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I still think that they should let you shoot Canadian Geese. They are so numerous around here that they are pests.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

never done that before. Being able to talk sounds like a good gig.

Turkey hunting sucks because you cannot move a single muscle.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I still think that they should let you shoot Canadian Geese. They are so numerous around here that they are pests.
    It is legal Noonie. It's just not legal to do it in Detroit. Hence why there are so many there.

I'm a bit bummed out. Was supposed to go this morning, but I got pretty sick last night so I had to cancel at the last minute. Not exactly sure when I'll get the oppurtunity next.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Not exactly sure when I'll get the oppurtunity next.
    Hurry the heck up. I have a turkey and a chicken here waiting to go in the oven all together.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It is legal Noonie. It's just not legal to do it in Detroit. Hence why there are so many there.

I'm a bit bummed out. Was supposed to go this morning, but I got pretty sick last night so I had to cancel at the last minute. Not exactly sure when I'll get the oppurtunity next.

It's only illegal if the city has enough cops to enforce the law. If people get hungry, they'll start shooting geese. We have a lot of pheasants here, too.

I thought that Canadian geese were a protected species? I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's only illegal if the city has enough cops to enforce the law. If people get hungry, they'll start shooting geese. We have a lot of pheasants here, too.

I thought that Canadian geese were a protected species? I guess I was wrong.
    Nope, their a prized game bird. We saw one flock fly over our lake yesterday, you'd have sworn there was hundreds of geese on the lake the way the calls started going off trying to get them to fly in.

As far as I'm aware, the only large waterfowl that is protected up there is the swan. And one species of those is considered an invasive species, and the DNR is trying to off them like crazy.