Thread: Duck Hunting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In an earlier life when I was hunting for meat for the table we had a pond on the neighbors place that was a hot spot for ducks. The old man was picky about who he would let on but as I worked his hay fields every year, I got in. Luckily, the game ranger didn't.

I had a Savage 410/22 over and under as a boy's first fire arm so... I lifted my eye and rifle over the berm and dropped the first sitting on the water with a head shot of the 22 then caught another on the mas take off by flipping to the 410. Once I accidentally caught a crossing pair and got them both.

Haven't hunted duck since I was 16 or much of anything else since I was 21.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    In an earlier life when I was hunting for meat for the table we had a pond on the neighbors place that was a hot spot for ducks. The old man was picky about who he would let on but as I worked his hay fields every year, I got in. Luckily, the game ranger didn't.

I had a Savage 410/22 over and under as a boy's first fire arm so... I lifted my eye and rifle over the berm and dropped the first sitting on the water with a head shot of the 22 then caught another on the mas take off by flipping to the 410. Once I accidentally caught a crossing pair and got them both.

Haven't hunted duck since I was 16 or much of anything else since I was 21.
    I contemplated trying with my 20 gauge before I bought my 12, but I'd never consider using a 410.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

It wasn't that big of a pond and it's what I had. And I got one every time.

whayagonnado....
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.