Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Evidence for man-made climate change getting stronger: U.N. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well!!! If the UN and DUmmieLand says so...

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
    AgingAmerican

Environment Correspondent Alister Doyle
    Reuters
    5:17 a.m. CST, November 29, 2012

DOHA (Reuters) - Evidence that global warming is man-made is getting stronger, the head of a U.N. panel of climate scientists said, in a further blow to skeptics who argue rising temperatures can be explained by natural variations.

The influential U.N. climate panel said the probability human activity was the main cause of climate change was "at least 90 percent" in its last report in 2007.

"We certainly have a substantial amount of information available by which I hope we can narrow the gaps, increase the level of certainty of our findings," he said.

"We will have a lot more information this time around on the melting of Greenland and Antarctica. I hope we will get a little more information on sea level rise," he added.

Rising sea levels pose a particular threat to people living in low-lying areas, from Bangladesh to the cities of New York, London and Buenos Aires. They open up the risk of storm surges, coastal erosion and, in the worst case scenario, complete swamping of large areas of land.

The last report by the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) gave a wide range for sea levels, saying they could rise by between 18 and 59 cm (7-24 inches) by 2100.

Those numbers did not take account of a possible acceleration of a melt of Antarctic or Greenland ice, due to big uncertainties.

Americans are absolutely asleep on this issue. The full effects of climate change will be on us within a couple more years. I do not understand Obama's silence on this issue. Why isn't he making it a priority and preparing the country for it?

No links but I guess it's time to
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well!!! If the UN and DUmmieLand says so...

No links but I guess it's time to
    If I recall, some of the reports from the U.N.s committee on climate change proved to be fraudulent a few years back.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Americans are absolutely asleep on this issue. The full effects of climate change will be on us within a couple more years. I do not understand Obama's silence on this issue. Why isn't he making it a priority and preparing the country for it?
    Let's assume for a moment climate change is real. Who stands to gain the most from pretending like it doesn't exist? Large corporations that would otherwise be regulated to keep emissions down (either via factories, or shipping/distribution), or create products with lower emissions. And countries whose GDP relies upon those products. The price of consumer electronics are tied to how costly it is to produce in China, and how costly it is to ship from China to the US.

Obama is the president that bailed out Wall-Street. He is a corporate welfare president. If climate change were real, what makes you think he would be on the side of doing something about it?

If the polar ice caps were melting, why would the water level go up? Not only does water condenses in a liquid state but there is far more ice under the water than above it already.
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

I was at the Museum of Natural History when I was down in the US over thanksgiving. In the Human Evolution section there's this great graph of global temperature going back a few million years. It runs the length of a wall. The line is a messy scribble (like a seismograph) where the bounds were +/- 3 degrees. I was with a friend, and put my thumb on the last few centimetres that had been going up for the last few thousand years but was totally consistent with the entire graph, and said "See, that's global warming!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies, at this point in time, are far too commited to Global Whatever being real. If AlGore himself came out tomorrow and said he'd made an error ( which we all know he'd never do ) the far Left nuts would just say "Big Whatever" finally "got to" AlGore. Whatever that would mean...

Global Warming is a fantastic racket. If it's too cold, Global Warmings fault, it's too hot, Global Warmings fault, it's too dry, Global Warmings fault, it's too wet, Global Warmings fault. How can you argue with them?? Teh Nuts just say some "study" predicted "it", whatever "it" is.

And for good measure, just throw in the U.N. We all know how honest they are!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Are these people developing a new 'Hockey Stick Theory'? That will be as much a crock as everything else that has to with climate change.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post

Obama is the president that bailed out Wall-Street. He is a corporate welfare president. If climate change were real, what makes you think he would be on the side of doing something about it?
    Whenever you read "climate change" think = tax and control.

Whatever involves the UN think = global tax and control.

Now whenever you combine "climate change" and the UN... the multiple factor goes up.

Then add the Mercedez marxist who cant wait to tax every living soul in this country to death... (whos not already dead to the free market) and you have the makings of the next man made disaster as he ever so skillfully guides this country over the fiscal cliff (with the help of a few key RINOs).
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    ... Obama is the president that bailed out Wall-Street. He is a corporate welfare president. If climate change were real, what makes you think he would be on the side of doing something about it?
    Objection: assuming facts not in evidence.

You are assigning rational thought and an ability to foresee cause and effect relationships to an entity where neither of the above can be proven to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    If the polar ice caps were melting, why would the water level go up? Not only does water condenses in a liquid state but there is far more ice under the water than above it already.
    You do know that most of the antartic ice is on land. That would all be contributed to the water level.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.