Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wonder what penguin tastes like?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I wonder what penguin tastes like?
    Pork?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Pork?
    Hmmm, that will take some of the heat off us.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Pork?
    Penguin, the other white meat.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

You do know that most of the antartic ice is on land. That would all be contributed to the water level.
    No, not really. There is land in the arctic, I'm not saying that's not true, but a good portion of what you see when you look at a globe when you look at both the North and South Pole, is pure ice. I don't know the exact figures, but it's not an overwhelming majority in favor of that on the land, of that I'm pretty sure.

Also, wasn't the term "climate change" originally coined by republicans to describe a shift in climate that happens on a regular basis regardless of mankind's interference?
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Antartica is 5.4 million square miles of land, of which 98% of it is covered by an average of 1 mile thick ice. The ice on land makes up 70% of the worlds fresh water supply. It is estimated that if all of Antartica's ice were to melt, sea levels would rise 61 meters.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Ironic how so many DUmmies decry religion yet bite on the climate change religion hook, line and sinker.

Let me see here, if these guys were right the coast of California , most of the middle east, a lot of Mexico, Cuba would go under water.
    We need to get our friends moved out of low lying areas and start producing as much CO2 as possible.

Antartica is 5.4 million square miles of land, of which 98% of it is covered by an average of 1 mile thick ice. The ice on land makes up 70% of the worlds fresh water supply. It is estimated that if all of Antartica's ice were to melt, sea levels would rise 61 meters.
    Again, I wasn't talking about Antartica only. Let's see 5.4 millions square miles, spread over ...

Atlantic ocean: 31,830,000 square miles
    Pacific ocean: 63,750,000 square miles
    Arctic ocean: 5,440,000 square miles
    Indian ocean: 28,400,000 square miles
    Southern ocean: 7,848,000 square miles

137,268,000 square miles apox

25 times as much area to cover
    61 meters...
    I would guess closer to 40 meters, but that's not touching the reduced volume of water, since it is melted, of both that on the Antarctic land and in the Southern ocean, nor counting the condensed water of the Arctic ocean.

I'm even giving flat estimates and not counting depth, so this is still on the liberal side of things.

I admit my numbers aren't the best, could a better mathematician set me straight here?
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

The climate changes and the rocks have recorded those changes for at least the last 2 Billion (that's with a B) years.

m00's chart is also available on line by doing a search on Chris Scotese or going here.

or just look at it.

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.