Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Congress implored to denounce sexual-orientation therapy 
    By Cheryl Wetzstein

The Washington Times
    Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democrat, is proposing the resolution as two lawsuits move through federal court challenging a new California law to ban minors from receiving “sexual-orientation change efforts” under any circumstance.

In a Capitol Hill news conference Wednesday, Ms. Speier said she was introducing her Stop Harming Our Kids resolution to “bring us some reality checks” about sexuality.

“Let’s get this straight,” she said. “Being gay, lesbian [or] transgender is not a disease to be cured or a mental health issue to be treated.”

Therapies aimed at helping someone go from gay to straight are “discredited” and “ineffective,” and minors should not be subjected to them, she said.

She added that she will investigate whether taxpayer funds in Medicaid or Tricare, the Pentagon’s health care system, have been used to reimburse therapists offering such counseling.

Read more: Congress implored to denounce sexual-orientation therapy - Washington Times http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...#ixzz2DePwgg7I
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I might agree with the moonbat, provided that the deliberate misinformation and efforts to convince children that homosexuality is normal and perfectly acceptable is purged from all publick edjewcashun curricula.
    U.S. Army, Retired

I believe that she should recuse herself..

Find out why people that went from gay to straight did and give them that therapy instead.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    I might agree with the moonbat, provided that the deliberate misinformation and efforts to convince children that homosexuality is normal and perfectly acceptable is purged from all publick edjewcashun curricula.
    I don't know anyone, to include gay friends and relatives, who are trying to convince anyone that homosexuality is normal. They're just asking you to stop persecuting them for having a different lifestyle.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I don't know anyone, to include gay friends and relatives, who are trying to convince anyone that homosexuality is normal. They're just asking you to stop persecuting them for having a different lifestyle.
    I personally don't care what you use your asshole for, keep it to yourself.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I personally don't care what you use your asshole for, keep it to yourself.
    I agree.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

I agree.
    Too many of those who practice the deviation do not. They have their "it's all normal" agenda and they are going to push it until the cows come home -and then convert them (if they haven't already)
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

The whole thing is... it's a choice. Hear me out.

Sexuality period is a choice. Not so much what you're attracted to, perhaps, but how much you act on said impulses is a decision you have to make. There's a fetish for everything in this world and in fantasy, that doesn't mean people have to act on those fetishes. Or are pedophiles compelled against their will to exploit children?

Thus no, homosexuality is not a mental deviancy requiring treatment. If someone does however wish to seek professional help to change their sexual desires to something more natural (as in, a sexual urge that can lead to actual procreation) why not let em'?

Oh and, just how are children supposed to be gay or straight? Am I the only one who thinks we're pushing them into things a little fast here?
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Here's a novel idea...how about the gay advocacy groups quit taking every opportunity they can to shove their lifestyle in everyone else's face and telling us to "deal with it". Their intentional and full on assault to try and convince people to accept their lifestyle is what causes such a backlash.

Because you've got 3% of the population trying to tell 97% of the population what to do.

I could care less what gay couples do in their bedroom.

I don't go flaunting my hetero lifestyle in gay comunities and telling them to shut up and deal with it. That needs to go both ways.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.