Thread: NYC Cop Gives Boots To Barefoot Homeless Man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NYC Cop Gives Boots To Barefoot Homeless Man 
    Since about 80% of what is posted here about law enforcement is usually negative, I thought I would post something positive: NYC Cop Gives Boots To Barefoot Homless Man

"Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    NJ I really doubt that % you are using. On the other hand, I'd hardly expect members here to ignore
    bad things when they happen. To the cops, military, or any group. Being a cop doesn't give a
    person cart blanche and they can do some nasty stuff. Making believe otherwise is not the answer.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I was half expecting to see them stomping on him.

I kid, I kid.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Since about 80% of what is posted here about law enforcement is usually negative, I thought I would post something positive: NYC Cop Gives Boots To Barefoot Homless Man

The only time I've spoken about police officers was when I whined about getting a speeding ticket. I have a few cousins who are police officers, so I've never spoken badly about them. Where are you coming up with this 80 percent number?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The only time I've spoken about police officers was when I whined about getting a speeding ticket. I have a few cousins who are police officers, so I've never spoken badly about them. Where are you coming up with this 80 percent number?
    Just my opinion. Seems as though the only time LEO gets mentioned on these boards is when one of them does something stupid. I was told at one time that if I want more positive LEO stories then I should post them myself hence this post. Perhaps it's the fault of the media. Even this story wouldn't have been news if it hadn't been for someone making a Facebook page about it but if the cop would have arrested the man or something, it's be front page news. And to tell you the truth, that is the shame of it. There are a lot of good people in blue. Ofc. DePrimo is the rule, not the exception.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Of course the MSM ignores for the most part good stories about the cops, firefighters, etc. as those are the majority and if all they did was print those
    it wouldn't be "fair" They look for the bad stuff.

Look what is on the front page of my paper today...LINKY

This story is front page in the Trib this morning.

Now personally, I think this goes a long way to getting Sarasota back on top of the list of cities that can't stand the homeless.
    SLW and I were in the city of Sarasota last Wednesday when some homeless bum walked up to us and wanted $$$. I told him
    to hit the road and he had an aggresive attitude, I wish this cop was around then!! I don't find these scum "interesting" or part
    of the "city culture", they are bums. Ship them up to St. Pete with Nova.
    May the FORCE be with you!

When I lived in Tucson, it amazed me that there used to be people panhandling all day long in 100+ degree heat. The best were the ones who had signs that said "will work for food" but if you tried to give them a sandwich or something, they didn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Of course the MSM ignores for the most part good stories about the cops, firefighters, etc. as those are the majority and if all they did was print those
    it wouldn't be "fair" They look for the bad stuff.

Look what is on the front page of my paper today...LINKY

This story is front page in the Trib this morning.

Now personally, I think this goes a long way to getting Sarasota back on top of the list of cities that can't stand the homeless.
    SLW and I were in the city of Sarasota last Wednesday when some homeless bum walked up to us and wanted $$$. I told him
    to hit the road and he had an aggresive attitude, I wish this cop was around then!! I don't find these scum "interesting" or part
    of the "city culture", they are bums. Ship them up to St. Pete with Nova.
    Sadly, I think it's become necessary to seek out and expose police misconduct where ever it's occurring. All too often, the police have taken the attitude of "circle the wagons, deny everything" when one of their own has been accused of some malfeasance. Abusive and/or corrupt police are certainly the exception, and not the rule, but good ones taint themselves just as badly when they jump to the defense of an obviously out-of-line 'brother in blue'.

Where LE is involved, even one bad apple is one too many.

That said, kudos to the officer in the OP, well done! It's just too bad that this is infrequent enough that it qualifies as news in the first place. (And that goes for all of us, not just cops...)

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Maybe his feet get hot.

In December.
    U.S. Army, Retired