Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 230
  1. #181  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If one of our Libtards can point to me where the government of the United States has officially endorsed one religion...be it the Catholic Church...Judaism...Baptist Buhddist or even Islam as the "official" religion of the United States...then I'll believe we have a seperation of church and state 1st Amendment violation.

    Till then you're just continuing to prove you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
    Here we agree. I think every group that gets upset, Christians included, blows this shit way out of proportion. I could maybe understand someone getting upset because of a "Jesus in a Manger" display at a public school or something. But even that is a simple fix that doesn't need bullshit like the ACLU. The problem is that there is a lot of anti-Christian sentiment and I really don't get it. I understand Christianity has always been the most practiced religion in America but that doesn't mean everyone is trying to make a Christian nation. When these displays are up, today's society jumps right to the conclusion that the Christians "want to convert everyone!" Definitely not helping any. I hate atheists just as much as you, tx.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #182  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I am to beleieve that Thomas Jefferson, in a personal letter, explaining what the 1st Amendment is, is not in fact Thomas Jefferson explaining what the 1st Amendment is?
    Believe it don't believe it. Its up to you. But the facts are what I stated above.

    He also wrote the Virginia state constitution and if you think there's not enough seperation in the US Constitution...you'll hate the Virginia one.

    Again I'll ask...what is the official religion of the United States?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #183  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Believe it don't believe it. Its up to you. But the facts are what I stated above.

    He also wrote the Virginia state constitution and if you think there's not enough seperation in the US Constitution...you'll hate the Virginia one.

    Again I'll ask...what is the official religion of the United StatesV
    Did you see my other response?
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #184  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Did you see my other response?
    Yes. Your response didn't answer my question.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #185  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Yes. Your response didn't answer my question.
    Which response are you talking about? I felt that my second one pretty much said that the government does not endorse any religion and whenever someone takes issue with a display or what have you, they blow it out of proportion. Thusly I am agreeing with you.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #186  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Believe it don't believe it. Its up to you. But the facts are what I stated above.

    He also wrote the Virginia state constitution and if you think there's not enough seperation in the US Constitution...you'll hate the Virginia one.

    Again I'll ask...what is the official religion of the United States?
    Just because you say they are facts do not make them facts. Jefferson in the exact same statement where he explains we have a law (the 1st Amendment) also explains that it means we have a seperation of church and state. You cannot look at that any other way. Spin it all you want, the fact is he is talking about the 1st Amendment.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #187  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Just because you say they are facts do not make them facts. Jefferson in the exact same statement where he explains we have a law (the 1st Amendment) also explains that it means we have a seperation of church and state. You cannot look at that any other way. Spin it all you want, the fact is he is talking about the 1st Amendment.
    Please point to the exact spot in the 1st Amendment where "seperation of church and state" is written.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #188  
    Senior Member Generation Why?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thurston County, WA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Please point to the exact spot in the 1st Amendment where "seperation of church and state" is written.
    Like I have said, it is not in the 1st Amendment. It is in Thomas Jefferson's explanation, or description, of the 1st Amendment as written in the letter to Danbury. I brought it up because someone said that "seperation of church and state" was never said. I added a technicality.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

    Power Point Ranger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #189  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Which response are you talking about? I felt that my second one pretty much said that the government does not endorse any religion and whenever someone takes issue with a display or what have you, they blow it out of proportion. Thusly I am agreeing with you.
    You are correct. The U.S. Government doesn't endorse a religion. And right there is where the FF's intended the words "Congress shall pass no law..." to end in regards to the 1st Amendment.

    It wasn't intended for what the anti Religion zealots have turned it into.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #190  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Like I have said, it is not in the 1st Amendment. It is in Thomas Jefferson's explanation, or description, of the 1st Amendment as written in the letter to Danbury. I brought it up because someone said that "seperation of church and state" was never said. I added a technicality.
    And he was expressing his personal opinion in that letter. Liberals have used that to create the mythical wall of separation and completely bastardize the 1st amendmen. t
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •