Thread: School Removes God From First-Grader's Poem

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liberal mindset:

If there are 100 people in the room, it's OK to offend 99 of them to protect the feelings of the 1.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Unfortunately, a parent found out about this, and complained to the school district.

At a McDowell County Board of Education meeting last week, employee Chris Greene said, "We had one parent concerned with the use of the word God in this program. This parent did not want the word God mentioned anywhere in the program.
    Why go through all the trouble of giving this one person satisfaction when a simple "Go F Yourself" to the person would have solved this in three seconds.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    I am still trying to figure out why atheists get the slightest bit pissed off at the utterance of the word "God". I don't see the problem with this girl's poem. I'm sure it sounded quite nice.
    The only time I object is when gods are actually forced on people. It shouldn't surprise anyone that children believe in imaginary protector beings. I doubt seriously that a poetic reference to the Tooth Faerie would be cause for argument in the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The only time I object is when gods are actually forced on people. It shouldn't surprise anyone that children believe in imaginary protector beings. I doubt seriously that a poetic reference to the Tooth Faerie would be cause for argument in the school.
    There's the answer. If atheists want to believe God is imaginary and have any mention of Him removed from school we should do that with all imaginary things that are mentioned in school.

We can start with school mascots. Dragons, wizards, leprechauns...all gone. The unproven existence of dark matter and dark energy...outta here. Born gay? Don't even mention it until the science is indisputable.

Good idea.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    There's the answer. If atheists want to believe God is imaginary and have any mention of Him removed from school we should do that with all imaginary things that are mentioned in school.

We can start with school mascots. Dragons, wizards, leprechauns...all gone. The unproven existence of dark matter and dark energy...outta here. Born gay? Don't even mention it until the science is indisputable.

Good idea.
    You almost made it to the end without screwing up. Unlike gods, for which there is no scientific evidence whatsoever, gay people do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    Is that Pastafarian stuff supposed to be a joke? Sorry, it's just not funny.
    Frankly I thought that I was the only person to have coined that word Pastafarian....to refer to purposfully unkempt long haired white dope smoking punks ...

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Liberal mindset:

If there are 100 people in the room, it's OK to offend 99 of them to protect the feelings of the 1.
    God will soon enough DEAL with the "feelings" on that 1...and the morons who think they can keep him out of a "public" school.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Liberal mindset:

If the 99 have no problem ofending one why should one have any problem offending 99?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You almost made it to the end without screwing up. Unlike gods, for which there is no scientific evidence whatsoever, gay people do exist.
    Always dishonest. Typical liberal.

Nowhere in my post did I say gay people did not exist. Please show me where I did.
    Be Not Afraid.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuga Mikey View Post
    God will soon enough DEAL with the "feelings" on that 1...and the morons who think they can keep him out of a "public" school.
    How will he deal with them?