Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 GLOBAL EXTINCTION WITHIN ONE HUMAN LIFETIME? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 03:34 AM
    Th1onein

GLOBAL EXTINCTION WITHIN ONE HUMAN LIFETIME?

Has anyone read this scientific article? It really is frightening. Please, discuss and comment.

Global Extinction within one Human Lifetime as a Result of a Spreading Atmospheric Arctic Methane Heat wave and Surface Firestorm

Abstract

Although the sudden high rate Arctic methane increase at Svalbard in late 2010 data set applies to only a short time interval, similar sudden methane concentration peaks also occur at Barrow point and the effects of a major methane build-up has been observed using all the major scientific observation systems. Giant fountains/torches/plumes of methane entering the atmosphere up to 1 km across have been seen on the East Siberian Shelf. This methane eruption data is so consistent and aerially extensive that when combined with methane gas warming potentials, Permian extinction event temperatures and methane lifetime data it paints a frightening picture of the beginning of the now uncontrollable global warming induced destabilization of the subsea Arctic methane hydrates on the shelf and slope which started in late 2010. This process of methane release will accelerate exponentially, release huge quantities of methane into the atmosphere and lead to the demise of all life on earth before the middle of this century.

Full article here: http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/p/gl...one-human.html

And of course, not wanting to be left out, Enviro-Bio-Engineer nadin throwd out her 2 cents...

Response to Th1onein (Original post)
    Sat Dec 1, 2012, 04:52 PM
    nadinbrzezinski

21. This summer will be telling

We are already in the middle of a drought.
    Thank you, Chief Knower Of All...
    May the FORCE be with you!

ah yes the DU DUs ...the HOME of the

undeterred

20. When the Supreme Court handed the Presidency to Bush in 2000

I think that was the turning point for the human race....

I think that was our moment as a species and that decision was for the fate of future of the earth...
    You know, I am putting it on my bucket list to meet GW. That freaking guy is POWERFUL. I really want to meet a guy like that and shake his hand. I hope the line isn't too long. How can it not be? Who wouldn't want to meet the guy that was the force behind the turning point for the human race...whatever that means.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You know, I am putting it on my bucket list to meet GW. That freaking guy is POWERFUL. I really want to meet a guy like that and shake his hand. I hope the line isn't too long. How can it not be? Who wouldn't want to meet the guy that was the force behind the turning point for the human race...whatever that means.
    You mean the guy who not only stole a presidential election but he masterminded the biggest, deadliest terror attack ever on American soil but at the same time is too stupid to know how to tie his own shoes?

That all said, what isn't being said in the article is exactly when this human lifetime is. For all we know this lifetime could be 10,000 years from now. My God are these people easily duped.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 03:34 AM

Th1onein (5,101 posts)

View profile
    GLOBAL EXTINCTION WITHIN ONE HUMAN LIFETIME?
    Has anyone read this scientific article? It really is frightening. Please, discuss and comment.

Abstract

Giant fountains/torches/plumes of methane entering the atmosphere up to 1 km across have been seen on the East Siberian Shelf. This methane eruption data is so consistent and aerially extensive that when combined with methane gas warming potentials, Permian extinction event temperatures and methane lifetime data it paints a frightening picture of the beginning of the now uncontrollable global warming induced destabilization of the subsea Arctic methane hydrates on the shelf and slope which started in late 2010. This process of methane release will accelerate exponentially, release huge quantities of methane into the atmosphere and lead to the demise of all life on earth before the middle of this century.
    Clearly, it's gotta be Bush's fault.......absolutely no doubt about it!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Global extinction within 30 minutes has been possible for a while now, since the invention of nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Global extinction within 30 minutes has been possible for a while now, since the invention of nuclear weapons.
    'The only place that will survive the "Mayan Apocalypse"': Residents of French mountain crack open End of the World wine (and offer house rental at $1,600-a-night)

The woo woos are gathering .....the Woo Woo Wine is being served

developing......

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You do realize that if every single nuclear weapon ever created, including those already used, were fired and detonated simultaneously in the most strategic locations possible on earth, nothing even remotely resembling global extinction would occur, right? That at most, and the VERY MOST, you could ]b]maybe[/b] eliminate about a quarter of humanity? That the so-called "nuclear winter" was a myth?

Or are you actually just spouting talking points from the '70s and '80s?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    You do realize that if every single nuclear weapon ever created, including those already used, were fired and detonated simultaneously in the most strategic locations possible on earth, nothing even remotely resembling global extinction would occur, right? That at most, and the VERY MOST, you could ]b]maybe[/b] eliminate about a quarter of humanity? That the so-called "nuclear winter" was a myth?

Or are you actually just spouting talking points from the '70s and '80s?

Actually, I was just making a point that it is not exactly news that global extinction is a possibility.

If we are an endangered species we should be given special consideration from the government, our habitat should be left to us and we should be allowed to drill for oil wherever we need to and to use our resources as we see fit to survive.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg