Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Funny Stuff :Those San Francisco Wine Fags Won't Drink Organic Palin Syrah." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Palin Syrah: Wine Drinkers Balk at a Chilean Wine With Hints of Alaska

"Whats In A Name, A Wine By Any Other Name Would Be as Swell ?"

An organic wine from Chile has oenophiles in San Francisco turning up their noses. But there’s nothing wrong with the wine. It’s the name that bothers them:

Each wine on the Yield Wine Bar’s list has a description, and Palin Syrah is described as: tastes of “white pepper” and “madrone” - an evergreen found in the Pacific Northwest.

....................“People started making suggestions like gunpowder, moose meat, hockey mom

Palin Syrah.

The wine from a boutique vineyard in Chile was once a strong seller, but now it’s an outcast in the City by the Bay because its name comes way too close to a certain governor from the state of Alaska, says Celine Guillou, co-owner of the Yield Wine Bar.

Palin Syrah — pronounced Pay-LEEN — takes its name from a ball used in a Chilean-style hockey game, and it has been on the bar’s wine list for a while. But sales have plummeted ever since John McCain named Sarah Palin to be his running mate.

“Before McCain made his announcement it was selling very well, because it’s an affordable wine and it’s from South America,” Guillou said. “Then he made his announcement and we hear people making comments constantly about the wine.”

Each wine on the Yield Wine Bar’s list has a description, and Palin Syrah is described as: tastes of “white pepper” and “madrone” - an evergreen found in the Pacific Northwest.

Guillou said customers have now made a sport of ad-libbing their own descriptions.

“People started making suggestions like gunpowder, moose meat, hockey mom - the list goes on and on. It’s funny, but it’s all we’ve heard for the last couple weeks.”

Now that the wine has been unofficially blacklisted by San Franciscans, its place on Yield Wine Bar’s list is threatened. “I think people try to see the humor in it, but we’re in San Francisco, so most of the people we have in I’m going to suspect are fairly liberal. People like to joke about it, but for some people it evokes quite a visceral reaction,” Guillou said.

David Hinkle, a wine buyer with North Berkeley Wine in Berkeley, Calif., which is the West Coast importer for Palin Syrah, said the wine’s Chilean producer called him to ask if he thought McCain’s pick would have any effect on sales. So far, he said, they have remained stable. In addition to the Palin Syrah, the Palin vineyard also produces Palin Carménère and Palin Cabernet Sauvignon.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...nts-of-alaska/

I saw this and thought it was absurd beyond belief.

All these highly intellectual, college educated lefties are spooked by what is at best a lame homonym. I also saw where some FOX newscaster is getting grief because she wears her hair up and sometimes wears glasses.

And they think we're superstitious and backward in fly-over country?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I saw this and thought it was absurd beyond belief.

All these highly intellectual, college educated lefties are spooked by what is at best a lame homonym. I also saw where some FOX newscaster is getting grief because she wears her hair up and sometimes wears glasses.

And they think we're superstitious and backward in fly-over country?
    And when you talk to them they're like spoiled little children proud of their Alma maters and snobbish of their tastes in food and wines.

Anyone born east of the San Gabriel mountains is to be despised as an hated Easterner and cultural inferior.CalPolly and Stanford are the schools of choice for graduate degrees and upper management material.They feel that they are the cultural superiors of America and act the part !

Remember their rants about Bush Beans!!

So then have most lesbians shaved their pubic hair since 2000?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    So then have most lesbians shaved their pubic hair since 2000?
    I find that lesbian pubic hair is very low on my interest scale along with gays Jock itch,dental dams, Technicolor vibrating dildo's and butt plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I find that lesbian pubic hair is very low on my interest scale along with gays Jock itch,dental dams, Technicolor vibrating dildo's and butt plugs.
    Yeah, but there's no president with those things as a last name.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Too funny:):)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Remember their rants about Bush Beans!!
    It wasn't just beans. Remember the DC Sniper using a Bushmaster sniper rifle?

They were damn near apoplectic.

Is it necessary to use the f word?

As for the story, that is stupid. Solution: change the name.