Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh brother...

By FOX 2 News Staff

DETROIT (WJBK) -- The city of Detroit faces a major financial crisis and one member of city council thinks President Barack Obama should step in and help.

City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizen's support of Obama in last month's election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city. (Click the video player to listen)

"Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.

Cough up them $$$.
    May the FORCE be with you!

There is only one responsible person on the Detroit City Council and that is Ken Cockrel, Jr.

JoAnn Watson has a radio show. That's why she's on city council, name recognition. It worked for Cockrel when he started out, as his dad was a radical lawyer back in the day.

Monica Conyers is going to be released soon from federal prison. I wonder if she'll run for office again? I wonder if her husband had the locks changed while she was gone? Cockrel is the bald guy that she is somewhat famous for calling "Shrek" during a city council meeting, when he was council president and Kwame was mayor.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How long before someone starts pushing for slavery reparations? Bet it won't be long.
    May the FORCE be with you!

(snip)

"Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.

"After the election of Jimmy Carter, the honorable Coleman Alexander Young, he went to Washington, D.C. and came home with some bacon," said Watson. "That's what you do."

(snip)
    ...and we should bail out this cess pool?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    How long before someone starts pushing for slavery reparations? Bet it won't be long.
    PeterS will be sweeping in asking why is that bad........
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

My level of disgust with that city has sky rocketted over the last few months.

Snyder mentioned recently that the state was considering the option of just dissolving the City of Detroit. I say we give two weeks notice, and do it with napalm.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    PeterS will be sweeping in asking why is that bad........
    Can you explain why it's bad?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Can you explain why it's bad?
    Are we there yet, I have to go to the bathroom, I want candy!
    Kid if you think I'm going to take you seriously enough to answer that, think again.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    My level of disgust with that city has sky rocketted over the last few months.

Snyder mentioned recently that the state was considering the option of just dissolving the City of Detroit. I say we give two weeks notice, and do it with napalm.
    Rockntractor approves of this message.

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are we there yet, I have to go to the bathroom, I want candy!
    Kid if you think I'm going to take you seriously enough to answer that, think again.
    In other words you can't explain. Ok.