Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There is only one responsible person on the Detroit City Council and that is Ken Cockrel, Jr.
    Absolutely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've heard that plan-to let Wayne County absorb Detroit's government. If the county had strong leadership and stable finances, I'd support that plan. It seems to work for Miami/Dade county in Florida.

I feel bad for Snyder and Bing in all this, who are committed to working together across party lines to find something that will work.
    Maybe ten years ago there was an attempt by Wayne county to shore up the property tax fiasco in Detroit. As you probably know, there's more than a few shenanigans with the property tax evaluations and collections in Detroit. Hell, a woman I know who made just over six figures annually, actually bragged that she just gives a clerk a few hundred each year to mark her taxes as paid for the year... It was absolutely rampant, countless Detroit celebrities were caught doing similar things, countless times. Wayne county offered to digitize all of the Detroit property records, handle the collection, and perform the foreclosure process and auctioning if not collectible... For free! They said that just collecting the actual county taxes owed would pay for it, Detroit balked... You can't take away a good scam, even at the expense of the residents.

Let me present a bigger problem. If reparations are to be paid, who gets them? Do the recipients have to prove they descended from slaves are is money going to be paid out willy nilly to anyone with dark skin? What if your ancestors were never slaves here but rather they came from places like Cuba, Haiti, or Jamaica as well as other Caribbean islands that were slave ports? If that's the case then why do American tax payers have to foot the bill when the beef lies with Europe and more specifically with Portugal and Spain? Truth be told, this is nothing more than a money grab by these race baiting thugs so their people can stay in indentured servitude to the government.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Looks like PeterS swooped and pooped this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Looks like PeterS swooped and pooped this one.
    I'm sure he is back at DU bragging about his exploits to his friends.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Can you explain why it's bad?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    OK, since you apparently are talking about slave reparations, I'll bite. But in order to further this conversation I need to ask, why, exactly do blacks(because apparently only blacks were slaves and only whites were slave owners) deserve something they in no way are or were directly involved with or affected by?
    Still waiting for an answer you cowardly swooper and pooper.