And who they support are Conservatives...people that are Conservative the way Reagan was. Not these power hungry RINO's like John Boehner.
He got charged in federal court for something involving Edwards' campaign and walked away from it. He runs really smarmy ads during the local morning news. You can see them at his website
If you go to this site and click on any of his videos, I advise you have a puke bucket nearby. I will not be held responsible for any damages to your personal property, and if you try to hold me responsible, guess who my lawyer will be!
On the other hand, Miss Detroit is demanding government largesse in exchange for voter loyalty. She wants Bronco to send back the bacon (which is quite insensitive towards muzzies); an exchange of goods for services rendered. Thats quid pro quo, you communist dung heap.
Before we can discuss whether reparations are a good idea, answer the following questions:
- My family came over in 1905, fifty years after the end of slavery. Why should I have to pay reparations?
- Egypt kept Jews as slaves. If the descendants of slaves in America are entitled to reparations, am I entitled to a cut of the tourist trade from the pyramids?
- Can anyone who is of the prescribed color get reparations, or must they be a descendant of slaves brought from Africa to the United States. If the latter, what percentage of one's ancestors must have been slaves in order to qualify?
- Must any person who is paying reparations be a descendant of actual slave-holders? After all, as I pointed out above, my family came here fifty years after the end of slavery. Also, many of the descendants of slave-holders are not wealthy today. The Civil War, Reconstruction and a host of other issues have reduced many of the fortunes of those people. How are they to make up the payments?
- What concessions are we going to receive in return for reparations? Do persons who accept them forfeit the right, in perpetuity, to ever again raise the issues of slavery, Jim Crow or any other historical inequity as an excuse for their failures in life? Can they still play the race card? Can we end affirmative action, diversity training, identity politics, etc.? Will there still be a presumption that America is a racist nation? Will the media accept that one can criticize the policies of a candidate of color without being a racist?
So, even if we only look at Americans who were here during slavery, how do we distinguish that small percentage which owned slaves from the vast majority that did not?
In other words, there is no real way to be fair in any question of reparations. One could argue that the Federal government should pay reparations in the same way that it pays certain Indian tribes. The problem there is that the Federal Government actually had written treaties with these tribes and there is a legal basis for honoring these obligations.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|