1. #1 Saw A Bald Eagle Yesterday 
    With the exception of the 5 years I lived in Arizona and NC, I've lived my entire life in Southern NJ and this is the first time I've ever seen an eagle in the wild. We were on our way to Lancaster yesterday and traveling down a rural road in Salem County when I saw this pick-up parked on the side of the road and I was wondering why they were there when I looked over and saw this big beautiful bird just sitting in the middle of the field. Off to the right of him was another but it didn't have the white feathered head and off in the distance on the irrigation pipe there was a third one(when the 2 near the road took off...a magnificent sight in it's own right, they landed where the one was sitting on the pipe. You can see the 3rd one. It looks like a speck on that pipe in the distance ). My wife took this with her phone and it's pretty clear but far:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's always awesome when you get to see one.

When we visit my dad in Vancouver, we always see a ton of them. They're all over the place up there.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's always awesome when you get to see one.

When we visit my dad in Vancouver, we always see a ton of them. They're all over the place up there.
    I see all kinds of birds here. Falcons, hawks, cardinals, orioles, owls, buzzards, etc but never saw eagles here before. It was pretty exciting and watching them take off was a sight to see.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I was surprised to see a LOT of them here in Florida. We've had them fly over the house a few times.

Saw them often in Tampa.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I see all kinds of birds here. Falcons, hawks, cardinals, orioles, owls, buzzards, etc but never saw eagles here before. It was pretty exciting and watching them take off was a sight to see.
    We regularly see large Sandhill cranes just driving in suburban areas. They're about four feet tall. Soaring above we've seen eagles here, as well as ospreys, vultures, gulls etc. We see the egrets in the neighborhood. You can always tell people who have lots of bugs in their yards---they're the ones with all those beautiful white birds pecking. I need to get a book on Florida birds to tell apart the various heron. A couple of weeks ago we were eating at a little waterfront casual restaurant and there were two different varieties of herons, as well as a wood stork hanging around the tables.

There's a place called the Celery Fields with a long boardwalk where many birds can be viewed. SR and I are going to explore that place soon.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 12-06-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    There's a place called the Celery Fields with a long boardwalk where many birds can be viewed. SR and I are going to explore that place soon.

She means conquer, not explore...
    May the FORCE be with you!

When I lived in Arizona, one of the pleasures I had was watching the hummingbirds feeding from the feeders we put out on the deck of our apartment. They used to hover by the window driving my cats crazy.

I'll see your bald eagle and raise you a comb over eagle:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I've never seen one in Michigan, although there may be some here, just not in metro Detroit.

I saw some when I went to Colorado, up in the Rockies. They are beautiful.