Hybrid View

1. #1 WH Petition Demands Obama Cancel Hawaii Vacation 

WH Petition Demands Obama Cancel Hawaii Vacation

A new petition gaining ground on the White House website calls on President Obama to cancel his estimated $4 million vacation and devote the money instead to helping victims of Hurricane Sandy.

The petition, which was created just two days ago, had 872 signatures as of 8:45 am ET this morning and is potentially be on its way to garnering the 25,000 signatures in 30 days required to elicit a response from the White House.

According to the news site delmarvanow.com, the petition was filed by John Phoebus, the organizer of a volunteer hurricane recovery group in Somerset County, Maryland. Phoebus was angered that the storm-ravaged county was denied direct funding from FEMA.

The petition states that for about the cost to the government of sending Obama on an expected three-week Hawaii vacation, Somerset could be rebuilt.

>>>>

The $4 million price tag for Obama’s vacation was calculated by the Hawaii Reporter and includes $250,000 in local costs.

But the actual expense to the federal government alone is likely even higher than $4 million, since the cost of just the transportation – roundtrip flights for Air Force One and an accompanying cargo plane – amounts to about $3,530,000, according to the Reporter.

MORE@WhiteHouseDossier

Nice. No doubt the vacation circuit will be back in full force now that the election is over. A 20 day, $4 million vacation just before coming home for the inauguration, festivities and more partying. Moochelle Antoinette and her brats probably have the next 5 planned already.

Why can't a single reporter stand up at a White House press conference and ask Stinky, Don't you think that it is inappropriate to be taking a $4 million vacation when so many Americans are suffering economically?

Remember how the 2 Bush presidents either went to Camp David or their own homes. They did not spend nearly $4mill on a vacation. Although I'm sure that other disciples of Alinsky are quite proud as the band played on...! And the deck chairs were rearranged, no icebergs in sight...?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Don't be too late! Sign up for your free complimentary IRS audit today.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

At least if he's out of Washington, and not campaigning, he's not doing any damage. Frankly, I'd prefer that he take a four year vacation.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    At least if he's out of Washington, and not campaigning, he's not doing any damage. Frankly, I'd prefer that he take a four year vacation.
    Add Congress and the Supremes to that mix and I think you've got somethin' there.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.