Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Why Obama will lose

    Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.

    EDMOND — When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

    What a contrast there is between Franklin and Barack Obama. Obama is a Harvard lawyer who is a mile wide and an inch deep. He is only the latest in a long line of shallow elites that consider it stylish and intellectual to despise their own culture and heritage.

    Nothing exemplifies Obama’s antipathy for American culture better than his statement that Americans “cling to” religion and guns out of frustration or bitterness. We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated.

    Of course, both guns and religion are essential aspects of American culture. The United States was founded by people seeking religious freedom. Does the word “Pilgrim” ring a bell with anyone? Our freedom and the right to self-government were won by farmers with guns.

    The American Revolution started when the British marched to Concord with the intention of confiscating colonial arms. Both the right to “keep and bear arms,” and the right to “free exercise” of religion are enshrined in the Bill of Rights. We have come a long way when the presidential nominee of a major political party regards the exercise of fundamental rights as a mental aberration.

    When Obama refers to “my Muslim faith,” the verbal gaffe resonates as a Freudian slip because of Obama’s thinly veiled hatred for this country’s unique culture and institutions. Obama sat for 20 years in a church where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr preached “goddamn America.” He only resigned from the congregation when it became politically expedient to do so. When earlier this year, Michelle Obama said “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” can we conclude that her husband disagrees? Is it not remarkable that Michelle Obama can be so small-minded as to find nothing in the history of the United States that merits her admiration but the personal success of her husband?

    What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

    The choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has been devastating for the Obama campaign precisely because she is everything Obama is not. Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.


    http://www.edmondsun.com/opinion/loc...yword=topstory
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The fine Midwest
    Posts
    222
    Every time I see that man on tv I just get a gut check.

    He is where he is because he is black. That is the only reason. Hillary was right...if he had been a white man, he would have been bounced out before Iowa. He has no new ideas, no fresh programs, and is a tax and spend liberal.

    The sooner everybody sees that and admits it, the better off we will be.
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Is anyone watching him right now? He is stumbling through a speech and it is pitiful. He has no aura of a President whatsoever. I think he's having promtor troubles.
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Bwahahahahaahaha

    jazzy062 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Original message
    Who's Running the Teleprompter for Obama?
    I just noticed three pauses in his speech. I've never noticed this before. Anyone else notice it?
    Bozita Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Sep-25-08 10:52 AM
    Response to Original message
    16. This is NOT good!

    The pauses, the repetitions, the whole thing.

    It's probably great for the folks in the audience. But, for teevee viewers, ...
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member xavierob82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    Every time I see that man on tv I just get a gut check.

    He is where he is because he is black. That is the only reason. Hillary was right...if he had been a white man, he would have been bounced out before Iowa. He has no new ideas, no fresh programs, and is a tax and spend liberal.

    The sooner everybody sees that and admits it, the better off we will be.


    False.

    He is where he is because he was a better candidate than Hillary or John Edwards, his 2 chief opponents in the 2008 Democratic primary.

    If dems wanted a black to be their candiate, they would have nominated Carol Mosley Braun or Al Sharpton a long, long time ago and they wouldn't have finished dead last in the caucuses and primaries of past Dem nominating contests.
     

  6. #6  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    False.

    He is where he is because he was a better candidate than Hillary or John Edwards, his 2 chief opponents in the 2008 Democratic primary.

    If dems wanted a black to be their candiate, they would have nominated Carol Mosley Braun or Al Sharpton a long, long time ago and they wouldn't have finished dead last in the caucuses and primaries of past Dem nominating contests.
    Wrong :
    Carol Mosley Braun or Al Sharpton have too much political crap on their shoes to run for POTUS.
    B Hussein Obama is indeed a hollow,unknown little man,unknown nationally but people are becoming educated to his shortcomings damn quick.

    He also has crap on his shoes from his known radical and terrorist allies to radical anti American
    associates to even think about being president.Even with the so called independent press
    pimping for him he will lose because basically he is a very stupid young man . He is well
    schooled in the advantaged and radical black cause who has become arrogant
    in his expectations of being part of the superior black class!He doesn't even bother to hide
    his disdain for American Pride and Patriotism !
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The fine Midwest
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Wrong :
    Carol Mosley Braun or Al Sharpton have too much political crap on their shoes to run for POTUS.
    B Hussein Obama is indeed a hollow,unknown little man,unknown nationally but people are becoming educated to his shortcomings damn quick.

    He also has crap on his shoes from his known radical and terrorist allies to radical anti American
    associates to even think about being president.Even with the so called independent press
    pimping for him he will lose because basically he is a very stupid young man . He is well
    schooled in the advantaged and radical black cause who has become arrogant
    in his expectations of being part of the superior black class!He doesn't even bother to hide
    his disdain for American Pride and Patriotism !
    Exactly. He has said nothing that no other populist has said. If he were white, he wouldn't be there.
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Empty suit, empty head, empty rhetoric.
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
     

  10. #10  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,193
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHA!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •