Thread: DUmmies get stupid about the military again.

1. #1 DUmmies get stupid about the military again. 
    BrentWil (1,996 posts)

Does the US need an Army, Air Force, Navy or intelligence agencies?
    What sort of national defense apparatus does the United States actually need to protect its people?
    Firstly, yes, yes we do.

jberryhill (27,072 posts)
    1. There's nothing about an Air Force in the Constitution

Run that one by a teabagger some time.
    And the person you run it by will just look at you like the idiot that you are.

truebluegreen (442 posts)
    10. Even better, in the confronting-a-teabagger scenario

is that the Constitution expressly forbids a standing army.

Aren't they the ones who think the only reason to have a federal government is the military?
    Even a selective interpretation would be hard stretched to make that connection.

"To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years"
    Hence yearly defence appropriation bills. Congress raised the Army, and supports it with defence appropriation bills lasting for one year, instead of 10 or so.

RC (20,056 posts)
    7. What good is a military that is scattered all over the world, doing everything but defending this

country In fact they are doing more to make enemies than they are in keeping the peace.

Hey look, some kids playing! Where's the nearest drone?
    *sighs*

Selatius (20,214 posts)
    16. We need a citizen army. We do NOT need an IMPERIAL ARMY. We have an imperial army.

We should go back to the days where the United States relied upon conscripts or community militias, much like Switzerland of today. In a time of great war, the United States could draft a citizen army to fight the major campaigns and then demobilize once it ends. The Civil War is a good example.

Citizen armies are poor instruments in the pursuit of imperial ambitions. They are heterogeneous in political thought, and because citizens come from all walks of life, you are guaranteed against having an army that is dominated by one school of thought. Orders that are immoral will likely face internal opposition from some segments of the military.

To build an empire or expand your sphere of economic influence, you want a military force that is mostly if not entirely all-volunteer. You need a permanent standing army, and an all-volunteer military force fits the bill. Such an army can be crafted through training and reinforcement and social engineering to filter out political thought that may be seen as "counter-productive" towards the goals of projecting military force and imposing control or gaining influence on foreign soil.

You need an army that internalizes the statement that no order is an immoral order. It will be carried out no matter the conditions. It is an army built upon blind obedience to authority. This is the kind of army that Stalin and Hitler used on the battlefield.
    What am I, a hired mercenary from some other country. I am a citizen. I am not some faceless storm trooper serving the Empire (sorry SR). Sorry, but your reasoning makes as much sense as a dick sandwich does.

These folks never fail to dissapoint.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021954073
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

And just for any lurking DUmmies, I'd love to point out that even if we stopped all defence appropriations, we wouldn't even cut the average deficit that we've been running the last four years in half. While at the same time we'd be putting millions more in unemployment, and causing the collapse of hundreds of local economies throughout the country.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    And just for any lurking DUmmies, I'd love to point out that even if we stopped all defence appropriations, we wouldn't even cut the average deficit that we've been running the last four years in half. While at the same time we'd be putting millions more in unemployment, and causing the collapse of hundreds of local economies throughout the country.
    What they fail to understand is that it's not the defense budget tht's bankrupting the country.

Their pet unfinded liabilities are what's dragging us down the drain.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Your title for this thread is misleading. For the DUmbasses to be stupid about the military again, it would mean that they've stopped being stupid about the military at some point. Since that has not happened in their pathetic little existances as of yet, the thread title should read "Dummys continue to be stupid about the military".
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    I don't have a problem being imperial. I just think we should either be imperial or not be imperial. Having client states from which we collect no revenue doesn't seem like the brightest plan for the long term. Of course, this won't be a problem if we continue to allow mass immigration to this country by persons who despise Americans and somehow imagine that when they displace us that this country will still be a great place to live.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG!!! Even nadin made sense in that thread, I have to sit down...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't have a problem being imperial. I just think we should either be imperial or not be imperial. Having client states from which we collect no revenue doesn't seem like the brightest plan for the long term. Of course, this won't be a problem if we continue to allow mass immigration to this country by persons who despise Americans and somehow imagine that when they displace us that this country will still be a great place to live.
    We may not get "revenue" in monetary sense, but we do get that countries business in terms of trading goods and services. Take Taiwan for example, they could have every Taiwanese person in the army holding a gun and they would be a lamp to the slaughter being that close to China, with us being there we make China think twice about attacking a very close ally. Hell, just look at China and North Korea, that is what an Imperial army looks like they occupy a country enforcing martial law under their dear leader's command, by comparison America is more like Big Brother watching over his little brother or sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The immigrants don't necessarily despise America, so much as the people who encourage them to immigrate do. We used to have assimilation requirements that were taken seriously. You had to be able to read the ballot, in English, for example, in order to be able to vote. People used to have to take classes in order to pass the civics and language tests. We believed in our culture enough to expect others to adopt it. There was also an expectation of self-sufficiency. People who failed to find work or engaged in crime were deported. Now, whenever somebody points out that our government offers handouts to immigrants and requires almost nothing in return, we're accused of racism. America has gone from a melting pot to a collection plate, for the purpose of giving away increasingly unsustainable benefits to people who bring nothing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It was the Moonbats in the 70"s that demanded that the US do away with the draft.

Now they want the draft started again because the military is a field where Moonbat do not dominate ( and they hate that).

A volunteer military works better , and cost less then any f*cked mess the Moonbats could ever dream u.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.