Hybrid View

1. #1 DUmmie asks "How does one counter wisdom?" 
    applegrove (56,523 posts)

How does one counter the conservatism that seems to overtake people as they age? [View all]
    People become more risk averse. Less open. Less liberal. Anyone have any ideas how we can take this time of life change out of favouring the GOP hands?
    So as people gain more life experience, ie. wisdom, they become more conservative, and you want to stop that?

Aristus (26,730 posts)
    1. I don't have a clue. The older I get, the more liberal I become.

Is there something wrong with me? Or is it just everybody else?...
    Yes, it's you.

Everyone else then chimes in that as they got older they got more liberal. No shit? People posting in the echo chamber called DU are liberal? Color me effin shocked.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021953862
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So as people gain more life experience, ie. wisdom, they become more conservative, and you want to stop that?
    Of course they want to stop it....they want to wipe conservatism from the map.

It's the only way Liberalism will survive.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I love the replies in that thread!!!

Response to applegrove (Reply #2)
    Mon Dec 10, 2012, 04:16 AM

Lilyeye

63. My bf's aunt was a hippie and was a democrat almost her entire life.

She started becoming brainwashed by her new bf and she voted for Bush in 2000. After she got remarried she was never the same. She was such a sweet lady, who preached liberal values. Her husband is a racist right wing nut and now she is a stone cold teabagger, who absolutely despises Obama. It is depressing to see what happened to her. It makes me think that she never really was a liberal and only held those views because she was rebelling against her right wing parents.

Damn that bf!!!! Obviously part of teh BFEE!!!!
    And...

Response to applegrove (Original post)
    Sun Dec 9, 2012, 11:41 PM

eridani

30. My mom was a Republican until Reagan ran

His warmongering scared her, and from then on she voted for Dems for president.
    Scary, scary!!!!!

What dolts.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

Yes, it's you.

Everyone else then chimes in that as they got older they got more liberal. No shit? People posting in the echo chamber called DU are liberal? Color me effin shocked.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021953862
    Maturity brings insights. Liberals loathe maturity, and seek to perpetuate their adolescent fun. Think of the things that we associate with teenagers, rebellion against authority, a desire to shock, fixations on morbid subjects, raging hormones, obsession with status, self-consciousness and conformity. These are all hallmarks of liberalism. The anti-authority rebellion comes out when they protest against policies that force them to take on responsibility (i.e., to grow up). The desire to shock becomes their need to embrace crude public art and destroy tastes and decorum. The morbidity becomes a pro-choice position that gradually becomes a pro-death position. The raging hormones were seen in the various personality cults that they've adopted over their political rock stars and the mindless, zipless sex that they demand. The status obsessions, self-consciousness and conformity are what binds them together as liberals. All the cool kids are liberals, in their mind, and the high school clique mentality pervades their politics and trumps actual principles. We saw this when the captain of the football team, I mean the POTUS, was caught boinking his interns and was accused of rape. The response to Paula Jones by the Democratic clique could have been written by John Hughes, in fact, it was. It was pretty much the plot of Pretty in Pink.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head."
    -- Winston Churchill

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Maturity brings insights. Liberals loathe maturity, and seek to perpetuate their adolescent fun. Think of the things that we associate with teenagers, rebellion against authority, a desire to shock, fixations on morbid subjects, raging hormones, obsession with status, self-consciousness and conformity. These are all hallmarks of liberalism. The anti-authority rebellion comes out when they protest against policies that force them to take on responsibility (i.e., to grow up). The desire to shock becomes their need to embrace crude public art and destroy tastes and decorum. The morbidity becomes a pro-choice position that gradually becomes a pro-death position. The raging hormones were seen in the various personality cults that they've adopted over their political rock stars and the mindless, zipless sex that they demand. The status obsessions, self-consciousness and conformity are what binds them together as liberals. All the cool kids are liberals, in their mind, and the high school clique mentality pervades their politics and trumps actual principles. We saw this when the captain of the football team, I mean the POTUS, was caught boinking his interns and was accused of rape. The response to Paula Jones by the Democratic clique could have been written by John Hughes, in fact, it was. It was pretty much the plot of Pretty in Pink.
    This is why feminism(liberal ideology of autonomy) says to women that they can wait till they're in their 30's to get married, so during their teenage years through their 20's they have out of wedlock sex which hardens their heart making them not feel pretty much anything when/if they eventually get married allowing them to not feel satisfied with just one man boning her. This leads them to divorcing the husband through no-fault and collecting child support/alimony while believing it was all the patriarchy's fault for oppressing her sexuality.

Liberalism wants kids to be kids as long as possible, because that means more votes, why else do you think they introduced child work laws they can't have a 13 year old actually earning his own money and being responsible that would make him "greedy".