Thread: US sending 20 more brand new F-16s to Egypt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 US sending 20 more brand new F-16s to Egypt ... 

US sending 20 more F-16s to Egypt, despite turmoil in Cairo

Instability in Egypt, where a newly-elected Islamic government teeters over an angry population, isn't enough to stop the U.S. from sending more than 20 F-16 fighter jets, as part of a $1 billion foreign aid package.

The first four jets are to be delivered to Egypt beginning Jan. 22, a source at the naval air base in Fort Worth, where the planes have been undergoing testing, told FoxNews.com. The North African nation already has a fleet of more than 200 of the planes and the latest shipment merely fulfills an order placed two years ago. But given the uncertainty in Cairo, some critics wonder if it is wise to be sending more top gun planes. >>>

The U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military as part of foreign aid for Egypt back in 2010, when Hosni Mubarak ruled. The fighter jets were supposed to be delivered in 2013, and delivery will go ahead as scheduled even though Hosni Mubarak has been removed from power and replaced by Mohamed Morsi, who led the Muslim Brotherhood before becoming Egypt's president. >>>

“The Obama administration wants to simply throw money at an Egyptian government that the president cannot even clearly state is an ally of the United States,” Rep. Ros-Lehtinen said.

MORE@FoxNews

Great! We supply more and more aide to all the muzzies surrounding Israel just after the UN gives "Palestinians" official status. I guess the Arab nations via the UN had to move the time table for annihilation of Israel up, since they now have their own marxist/ muzzie in the White House while he facilitates them by simultaneously decimating our military.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

It's just me, I guess, but I believe there should only be one country on earth with F-16s.

Okay Obama worshipers, line up and tell me again how much Obama loves Israel.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    It's just me, I guess, but I believe there should only be one country on earth with F-16s.
    Problem is we make too much money selling them. Also, they'll either buy our planes or someone else's (China/Russia). At least if they buy ours we know the capabilities, and we control the replacement parts supply chain. F-16s are no match whatsoever for our 5th generation fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Problem is we make too much money selling them. Also, they'll either buy our planes or someone else's (China/Russia). At least if they buy ours we know the capabilities, and we control the replacement parts supply chain. F-16s are no match whatsoever for our 5th generation fighters.
    FYI m00...they are not paying for them. The U.S. taxpayers are.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

"The U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military as part of foreign aid for Egypt back in 2010"

Yeah we shouldn't be giving them away for free, to Egypt no less. I completely agree. Unless we are using it as leverage to get something we want in return. I was just responding to Starbuck's comment.

"The U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military as part of foreign aid for Egypt back in 2010"

Yeah we shouldn't be giving them away for free, to Egypt no less. I completely agree. Unless we are using it as leverage to get something we want in return. I was just responding to Starbuck's comment.
    That might explain why Morsi was so easily "charmed" recently by Secretary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Good point. But Lockheed (isn't that the manufacturer?) got paid. Plus, Lockheed will get to sell all the parts - that is until the pilots, trained in the U.S., decide that it would be better if they attacked American interests. Even then I wouldn't bet that Lockheed won't sell them the parts citing some Rube Goldberg interpretation of rules, laws, and moral values that require them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That might explain why Morsi was so easily "charmed" recently by Secretary Clinton.
    Do you think we getting something in return worth 20 F-16s? The only thing we could want is "don't fund terrorism" and "give us intel on terrorist organizations" which is something Mubarak did for us. Problem is the current regime is Muslim Brotherhood.

Do you think we getting something in return worth 20 F-16s? The only thing we could want is "don't fund terrorism" and "give us intel on terrorist organizations" which is something Mubarak did for us. Problem is the current regime is Muslim Brotherhood.
    Yes, I was tempted to title this thread something along the lines of -

US sending 20 more brand new F-16s to Muslim brotherhood
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.