Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 What happened to this country? 
    Super Moderator BadCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    15,616

    rm -rf obama*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,931
    How freakin true! My mom had a Neighborhood voice! If I wasn't home by dinner time every one knew it! On a saturday morning the baseball glove went on the handlebars and off I went!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    331
    In light of the mother in the news who supposedly was just arrested and charged with child endangerment for letting their child stand at the bust stop without them... this video really makes you think. Different variations of it in an email have been going around for awhile.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    .......... On a saturday morning the baseball glove went on the handlebars and off I went!
    That was me in 1955. A bicycle and a baseball glove is all you needed in life back then. I'm still in touch with the kid who played third base on our Little League team that year. And I never pass a game that I don't hear us all calling to each other. He and I talk once in a while. We can still name all the players on that team.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,103
    The good ol' days. Kids today are much more pampered and protected, but I doubt they have as much fun as we did back in the day. Back in the late 70's in the Bronx, our version of a pool was a sprinkler cap on the fire hydrant, we played for hours in the street, gave car washes to those who wanted and covered the cap with our butt to those a-holes (what we called them back then) who didn't. We played manhunt on the roofs of our neighbors, jump rope, hopscotch, stoopball and stickball in the street. I think today's kids would be bored by that because they are used to being entertained by video games. They lack the ingenuity and imagination that we had as kids.

    I hope we reverse this trend and get kids back outdoors.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,696
    It's not even that. The reason why kids are turning into raging lunatics anymore is because the left has made spanking illegal. I'm serious about this. That along with the erasure of God from the mainstream, kids are growing up with no sense of right and wrong. They are being raised to do whatever they feel like doing. Not to mention that schools are churning out idiots because failing a kid for doing poorly in school is bad for their self esteem. Then the prisons fill up with 17-21 year olds and people wonder why.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's not even that. The reason why kids are turning into raging lunatics anymore is because the left has made spanking illegal. I'm serious about this. That along with the erasure of God from the mainstream, kids are growing up with no sense of right and wrong. They are being raised to do whatever they feel like doing. Not to mention that schools are churning out idiots because failing a kid for doing poorly in school is bad for their self esteem. Then the prisons fill up with 17-21 year olds and people wonder why.
    I can sum up whats wrong with todays kids with two words: thug life
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The good ol' days. Kids today are much more pampered and protected, but I doubt they have as much fun as we did back in the day. Back in the late 70's in the Bronx, our version of a pool was a sprinkler cap on the fire hydrant, we played for hours in the street, gave car washes to those who wanted and covered the cap with our butt to those a-holes (what we called them back then) who didn't. We played manhunt on the roofs of our neighbors, jump rope, hopscotch, stoopball and stickball in the street. I think today's kids would be bored by that because they are used to being entertained by video games. They lack the ingenuity and imagination that we had as kids.

    I hope we reverse this trend and get kids back outdoors.

    I grew up spoiled in the suburbs, with cable tv and, when I was in 7th grade, my dad had a pool put in the back yard. Despite that, I rode my bike all over to visit friends, played softball in the city rec league, played in the creeks that ran through my neighborhood, rode to Stop N Rob to buy candy, hung out in city parks with my friends, rode my bike to the library, and went days in the summer without even watching tv.

    We were latchkey kids before they had a name for it. My parents stopped hiring daytime babysitters when we were still in elementary school (they were wrong about that, big-time), so we were on our own all day when there wasn't school. We usually watched tv in the mornings and my brother and sister terrorized the neighborhood in the afternoons, when I would ride my bike to the library and hang out in the a/c. Until we got the pool, that is, then our afternoons were spent there, even though we were not supposed to swim without an adult present.

    We had to be home for dinner, and after dinner, we had to be home before the street lights came on. My mom had a large bell mounted on the back porch that you could hear within a block or two-she rang that when dinner was ready.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •