Thread: Christmas List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Christmas List 
    Christmas is around the corner and wondering how far you are with your gift buying and wrapping. Also, what did you get for your SO or kids, family...etc?

I'm getting my parents gift certificates for their favorite stores. My mom is getting a $100 gift certificate to Bealls and my dad will get same for Home Depot. I also bought my mom a Bella Perlina bracelet, which is basically a Pandora style bracelet, but different name.

I got my daughter a lot of clothes, as well at a Disney princess set that has 5 different princess outfits in a chest. She loves Dress up. I also got her bathing suits, shoes, jammies, Barbie's and I don't even remember any more as I started buying for her this summer, and most are still in their original packing boxes. I dont' think I got her enough toys, so I may stop at Target tomorrow and pick some stuff up for her.

I got my nephew toys (He's 10 months old) jammies and lots of clothing as well as shoes.

My brother and his wife will get a bottle of Moet Chandon as we have all decided not to do gift exchanges for adults as they are struggling financially.

I got my 2 bosses bottles of Moet as well. I need to get my staff something. There are 30 of them so obviously am not going to spend a lot of money on each...Any suggestions? I also throw them a Christmas party, which is next week, but I'd like to give them something as well.

I've done NO wrapping yet. Will get to that next week while my daughter is in school.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I need to get my staff something. There are 30 of them so obviously am not going to spend a lot of money on each...Any suggestions? I also throw them a Christmas party, which is next week, but I'd like to give them something as well.
    How about some high quality micro-roasted organic coffee?
    Or, for women, organic "Sweet Stuff" cremes, lotions and cosmetics?
    Or the best candy and truffles in the US?

I'm finished with the shopping now, have just a little bit of wrapping as we took Christmas gifts for the family in St Louis with us when we visited in October. I have SR's presents to wrap.

The house is almost decorated, still have one more tree to finish. The place looks like a Christmas wonderland, translated I've accumulated way too much stuff over the years. I decided to leave one big box of ornaments in the closet and not even try tackling it.

The cards are almost finished, just need a couple more stamps.

Hawkgirl, I never had to buy 30 gifts at my old company, but usually got up to almost 20. I started buying beautiful Christmas ornaments after Christmas and gifting them the next year. Some years I'd get stuff from Bath and Body. They at least said they liked the things. One sweet lady (a secretary) at my company would buy a $1 scratch off ticket for everyone. I appreciated that more than anything, as she had the very best of intentions. Every year I would buy for everyone, but only be given that scratch off. I eventually got pretty disgusted, because of all the gifts, only one woman emailed me thanks.

I guess that I didn't have the proper Christmas spirit, but would mumble to myself that the least they could do was send me a darned Christmas card after all those years of unreciprocated gifting. I'd have settled for a thank you email.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

I want to keep the gifts gender neutral. In the past, I have given each a card with a candy cane....but want to do something nicer this year as I'm just in a Christmas spirit. I don't expect anything in return, I just want them all to feel appreciated.

I just want one thing. For our adoption agency to call us telling us that they have found us a baby.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I just want one thing. For our adoption agency to call us telling us that they have found us a baby.
    That is the best blessing one can receive. Your baby will come.

Hawk is right NJ ...

Your baby will come. Plus, I just put in a good word for you with the man upstairs!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Honestly, I'm really just wanting the holidays to get over with as quick as possible this year.

I've bought my wife a gift package of six weeks of spa appointments, hour long massage or acupuncture session each time. Along with some Japanese incense from Shoyeido and a handful of books.

Much to my dismay, we ordered a Barbie Jeep Power Wheel for our daughter. I was rooting for the Power Wheels Dune Racer! I'm also looking at picking her up some kid sized musical instruments.

Other than that, I just honestly haven't brought about the energy to go Christmas shopping yet this year. I think Amazon with their gift wrapping and forwarding will be my friend this year for friends and family elsewhere, when I do get around to it.

Power CUer
    I want to keep the gifts gender neutral.
    How about this?

That is the best blessing one can receive. Your baby will come.
    Sometimes I don't know.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.