Thread: Christmas List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm expecting delivery of a couple of things from Amazon this weekend. I got a movie for my sister, a hat for one niece that will make her Queen of the Nerds if she is not already that, and a Barbie beach house for my 10 year old niece-she wanted the dream house, but it's expensive. I also bought my bil's present.

I still have to find:

Presents for my 13 year old niece, my 13 year old nephew, and the other 15 year old niece. The 13 year old girl wants clothes-Forever 21 is cheaper than I thought, and they also have gift cards. I asked the other two on facebook what they want, so I'll see if they responded. I usually give all three of them (the twin girls and the boy) gift cards, but since I bought the Tardis hat for one, I feel like presents are in line for the other two.

I have to get presents for my mom. Gift cards will not do, because when I give her one, I demonstate how little I care about her by not picking out a more personal gift. If I buy her a book/dvd combo, I hear her complaints via my sister about my lack of originality in picking the same types of things every year. She wonders why my dad left and my brother won't talk to her.

My dad will be happy with a box of home made cookies, but we don't exchange gifts.

I have no idea what to get the boy. He's also a nerd.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The house is almost decorated, still have one more tree to finish. The place looks like a Christmas wonderland, translated I've accumulated way too much stuff over the years.
    Take a look at this blog (which someone alerted me to), and you'll see what "way too much stuff" really is. I'm betting you are nowhere near this level.
    I actually started to feel itchy as I looked through the pages. I call this look "Santa's Village of the Damned".

http://adebbie-dabblechristmas.blogspot.com/
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I need to get my staff something. There are 30 of them so obviously am not going to spend a lot of money on each...Any suggestions?
    For the Barry fans:

Be Not Afraid.

My brother's kids are big fans of the movie and weekly cartoon show "How to Train Your Dragon". It turns out there is a live arena show coming here to San Jose from December 26th to the 30th with life sized dragons made by the same company that made the dinosaurs for the "Walking With Dinosaurs" show that toured the country a few years ago. So, for their Christmas present, I'm taking them to see the show on the 29th of December....and, to be honest, I really wanted to see the show myself as I'm a fan of the movie.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf