1. #1 North Korean satellite 'tumbling out of control,' US officials say 
    By Jim Miklaszewski and Alan Boyle, NBC News

The object that North Korea sent into space on Wednesday appears to be “tumbling out of control” as it orbits the earth, U.S. officials told NBC News.
    The officials said that it is indeed some kind of space vehicle, but they still haven’t been able to determine exactly what the satellite is supposed to do.

In a statement, the White House said the rocket launch was a highly provocative act that threatens regional security and violates U.N. resolutions.

The United Nations Security Council on Wednesday condemned the launch, calling it a "clear violation" of U.N. resolutions. A spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he "deplores" the launch.

North Korea is banned from conducting missile and nuclear tests, under the terms of U.N. sanctions imposed after a series of nuclear weapons tests in 2006 and 2009.
    Read More>http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...cials-say?lite

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

North Korean satellite 'tumbling out of control'
    I hope no one is inside. Wait, yes I do.

Barry being an idiot notwithstanding, when I heard they shot this thing off and it didn't "suffer technical problems midflight" (especially as it flew over Okinawa) I figured it was because we wanted it to reach space....so we could spy on the thing and see, hear, read, etc. everything that it was seeing, hearing, reading, etc. Then, if we didn't like it up there, we just made it go bye-bye at our leisure.

Then the WH released the statement they were "completely surprised" that it launced when it did so now I don't know what the heck to think. I just hope we haven't become so incompetent that NK can do this and we don't know beforehand that they are doing it. We're talking about Fredo though, so who knows.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By Jim Miklaszewski and Alan Boyle, NBC News

The object that North Korea sent into space on Wednesday appears to be “tumbling out of control” as it orbits the earth, U.S. officials told NBC News.
    The officials said that it is indeed some kind of space vehicle, but they still haven’t been able to determine exactly what the satellite is supposed to do.

In a statement, the White House said the rocket launch was a highly provocative act that threatens regional security and violates U.N. resolutions.

The United Nations Security Council on Wednesday condemned the launch, calling it a "clear violation" of U.N. resolutions. A spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he "deplores" the launch.

North Korea is banned from conducting missile and nuclear tests, under the terms of U.N. sanctions imposed after a series of nuclear weapons tests in 2006 and 2009.
    Read More>http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...cials-say?lite

U.N: THIS IS A CLEAR VIOLATION OF OUR RESOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim: Oh ya? What you gonna do about it? Shoot it down?
    U.N: no...

Kim: Jam the frequency causing it to crash?

U.n: no...

Kim: Put sanctions on me?

U.n: umm, no... btw we have a few billion in aid (unmarked bills) to help feed your starving people, we've already sent you a few billion already but it seems you lost it some how...

Kim: Oh ... yeah.. lost... thanks though this will really help...Anyway, so what about the launch?

U.n: Ummm, ummm, Sec. Gen?

Sec. Gen moon:I "deplore" this launch!

U.N: Good one gen.

Moon: I know, I am teh genus!!!

Kim: So, you're not going to do anything more than the equivalent of a Klingon Discommendation A.k.a U.S Congressional censure?

Moon: maybeeee....

Kim: Alright, fire away boys!

Moon: Damn, it. There's nothing we can do now, he's beat us again!

For the most part, I don't care what the North Koreans do. Except when it comes to shipping missiles and weapons to other countries. Then, I care.

North Korea wants attention and money. Evidently launching a dumpster full of city waste into space is one way to get it.

I think the Japanese should shoot it down and we should support them when they do so.

*sigh*

The dumbass satellite was a freakin' footlocker, for Christ sakes. It and its "tumbling out of control" crap is just that.

Far more important is the vehicle that got the footlocker into orbit.

It, apparently, succeeded.

The Norks have already detonated nuclear weapons.

Without sounding all tinfoil, at which point do we consider that regime a serious threat and erase it from the planet?
    U.S. Army, Retired