Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New Army Manual Orders Soldiers Not To Criticize Taliban 
    New Army Manual Orders Soldiers Not To Criticize Taliban
    December 11, 2012 | Judicial Watch

Here is a strong indicator that the Obama Administration’s crusade to appease Islam has gone too far; a new U.S. military handbook for troops deployed to the Middle East orders soldiers not to make derogatory comments about the Taliban or criticize pedophilia, among other outrageous things.

It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces.

The soon-to-be-released Army handbook is still being drafted, but a mainstream newspaper got a sneak preview and published an article that should infuriate the American taxpayers funding the never-ending war on terror. The manual is being created because someone with authority bought the theory that cultural insensitivity is driving insider attacks on U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

More than three dozen insider attacks have killed 63 members of the U.S.-led coalition this year, according to the article, and some blame “American cultural ignorance.” The bottom line is that troops may experience social-cultural shock and/or discomfort when interacting with Afghan security forces, the new military handbook says. “Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.”

The draft leaked to the newspaper offers a list of “taboo conversation topics” that soldiers should avoid, including “making derogatory comments about the Taliban,” “advocating women’s rights,” “any criticism of pedophilia,” “directing any criticism towards Afghans,” “mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct” or “anything related to Islam.”

At least one high-ranking military official had the backbone to publicly criticize the new manual, albeit through a spokesperson. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan, doesn’t endorse it and rejected a proposed forward drafted by Army officials in his name. “He does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman quoted in the story.

Earlier this year the Obama Administration changed the way federal agents are trained to combat terrorism and violent extremism by eliminating all materials that shed a negative light on Muslims. Under White House orders, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) destroyed instructional material that characterizes Muslims as prone to violence or terrorism in a government-wide call to end Islamophobia.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/a...am-or-adv.html
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Well, that's dumb.

I mean we shouldn't be an "occupying force" and we shouldn't be "nation building." But I guess if you sign up for that, it's counter productive to piss off the population whose nation you are building. But there's a difference between saying in the manual "don't provoke the locals by openly challenging their customs we find to be backwards" and removing all reference to their customs being backwards.

It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces.

Well, I have to agree with this... we are willfully ignorant that their culture wants to see western civilization (and its corrupting influence) destroyed at any cost, up to and including their lives and the lives of their children.

Power CUer
    So grown men can violate children and the finest Americans are supposed to go mute? This is cultural relativism run more than amok.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    So grown men can violate children and the finest Americans are supposed to go mute? This is cultural relativism run more than amok.
    Yup no more jokes down range about it being "Man-love Thrusday"...can't speak the truth about the brutality of the taliban...can point out the obvious about Islam.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post

Well, I have to agree with this... we are willfully ignorant that their culture wants to see western civilization (and its corrupting influence) destroyed at any cost, up to and including their lives and the lives of their children.
    That's horseshit. We're fully aware of it...and to blame our alleged "ignorance" and not the taliban for the Green on Blue shootings is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That's horseshit. We're fully aware of it...and to blame our alleged "ignorance" and not the taliban for the Green on Blue shootings is moronic.
    I think you missed the point of my post... which is that we have nobody in our elites who is prepared to come to grips with radical Islam. This is our own ignorance.
    Last edited by m00; 12-13-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I think you missed the point of my post... which is that we have nobody in our elites who is prepared to come to grips with radical Islam. This is our own ignorance.
    I must have...because it cme off to me that you were saying that we soldiers are the ignorant ones.

The elites ignorance is a willful one. But IMHO some of them aren't willing to speak out because Libtards and Jihadists have something in common...they both hate America.

I must have...because it cme off to me that you were saying that we soldiers are the ignorant ones.

The elites ignorance is a willful one. But IMHO some of them aren't willing to speak out because Libtards and Jihadists have something in common...they both hate America.
    yeah I did NOT mean the soldiers... I was kind of making a tongue-in-cheek comment. The phrase was: Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces.

When you think about that, the Washington elites & their foreign policy is completely ignorant of the threat of radical Islam (and when you get down to it, Islamic culture)... and in my mind this is the source of the vast majority of problems we are having in the ME, including the fact middle eastern countries aren't "behaving" like western ones when we occupy them.

Power CUer
    Yup no more jokes down range about it being "Man-love Thrusday"...can't speak the truth about the brutality of the taliban...can point out the obvious about Islam.
    Or how about the abuse of little girls?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...mes-of-others/

Shakila was just 8 years old when a group of men abducted her and her cousin from their beds as they slept in Naray district in Afghanistan’s Kunar province. She was held as a slave for a year — a punishment inflicted on her because an uncle had run away with the wife of a strongman associated with her abductors — before she managed to escape.

The reaction of Shakila’s father, Alissa Rubin writes, “illustrates the difficulty in trying to change such a deeply rooted cultural practice: he expressed fury that she was abducted because, he said, he had already promised her in marriage to someone else.”

Rubin tells Shakila’s harrowing story in today’s edition of The New York Times, exploring how young girls are taken and held like slaves to settle disputes in a practice known as baad in Afghanistan. “Baad is most common in areas where it is dangerous for people to seek out government institutions,” she writes. “Instead of turning to the courts, they go to jirgas, assemblies of tribal elders, that use tribal law, which allows the exchange of women.”

In our January report Opium Brides, Afghan reporter Najibullah Quraishi went deep inside the Afghan countryside to meet and film young girls given up in baad transactions when their families failed to pay debts to drug smugglers after their opium crops were eradicated by the government. In an excerpt from the film embedded above, Quraishi reveals how drug traffickers exploit the ancient cultural practice, and documents its devastating impact on families. Though exacerbated by opium eradication policies, baad is a deeply-rooted historical practice, and as we explore, efforts to address the problem are constrained by many factors.

Power CUer
    That's fine. Don't spend time and energy badmouthing the Taliban. Just SHOOT them.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken