Thread: A Eulogy for #Occupy (very close to the best thing I have ever read in my life)

1. #1 A Eulogy for #Occupy (very close to the best thing I have ever read in my life) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A Pitt thread. Boring and little interest shown so he has to bump it himself. Over and over...

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
    WilliamPitt

A Eulogy for #Occupy (very close to the best thing I have ever read in my life)

This was written by Quinn Norton, a reporter for Wired who was embedded in several of the most prominent Occupy camps across the country.

It is an extraordinary piece of journalism, and the best explanation yet of what OWS was, wasn't and still is.

I don't cry very often when I read things. This made me weep.

I'm not going to cut and paste the first four paragraphs. Here are a few sentences that jumped out at me:

"OWS was a place where you didn’t have to pretend it was all OK."

"Occupy was becoming the second most fucked-up group of people in the parks. The first was still definitely the police."

"There was no real cynical distance in this movement. It was the opposite of politics that way; it was dirty and smelly and dark, and if you scratch past the patina of personal cynicism, every heart was made of crazy-glued porcelain. Every body was made of scars. No one walked away from Occupy the same person."

"We all learned so much in the season of Occupy. We learned there is a hostile army threaded through our nation. We learned that children can be casually brutalized, just to keep traffic from being inconvenienced. We learned that Americans can come together and care for one another. We learned there is a great and terrible spirit in this land, the sleeping giant of our spirits summed together."

"The future was still coming and Bloomberg’s army had only guns to fight time."

Read it: http://www.wired.com/opinion/2012/12...or-occupy/all/
    Guess what Will, I did waste my time reading it and aside from laughing...

Oh, I did not cry. Moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Politically tired.
    Will gave it a bump and you re-posted it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Will gave it a bump and you re-posted it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

May the FORCE be with you!

The guy who wrote the article, must have been at some place other then OWS.
    Notice he didn't mention the Anti-Semitic rants, assholes screaming at little kids because their Dad worked at a bank, the poor girls who got raped and the jerkazoids who asked them not to report it, the poor people who were murdered and the same jerkazoids who told people not to co-operate with the police, all the dirtballs who gave little kids drugs and booze for fun, all the morons who destroyed private property, all the morons who started fires, all the stuff stolen and destroyed by the lowlives who knew Moonbats would be stupid enough to leave lab tops, cell phone and other goodies unguarded and of course the idiot who sh*t on a car hood thinking that would make the world a better place.

Maybe Will Pitt wil read this and wet himself.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Far less effective than the 60s peace movement, which wasn't terribly effective at all (because that generation became the investment bankers). But at least the 60s peace movement defined an era; it had gravitas. Is anyone going to remember OWS in a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Boring and little interest shown so he has to bump it himself. Over and over...
    Dear allah he kicked the thing six times himself and it was simply kicked six times but others.

24 replies and 12 of them are kicks. Willy, you're not relevant bud. Climb into the bottle and stay there. Don't forget your Cindy hat.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Far less effective than the 60s peace movement, which wasn't terribly effective at all (because that generation became the investment bankers). But at least the 60s peace movement defined an era; it had gravitas. Is anyone going to remember OWS in a decade?
    Photo's of crap on cop car, pepper spray line-up and many others will be enjoyed and shared on the interwebs for centuries to come.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

How about an occupy weekly sit-com on TV, there seriously should have been more people video taping these basement freaks before they returned to their couches, Cheetos and weed.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg