Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    It takes a special, twisted kind of evil to start executing kindergarteners....
    Whatta ya know...he's crazy:

Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old who killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut this morning, was "obviously not well," a relative told ABC News.

Family friends in Newtown also described the young man as troubled and described his mother Nancy as very rigid. "[Adam] was not connected with the other kids," said one friend.
    Be Not Afraid.

What an unbelievably horrific tragedy. My heart goes out to all of these children, their families, and parents everywhere. Having recently lost my own son, I'm slowly learning to accept it, but to lose a child through something like this... I just can't bear to imagine it...

Prayers, prayers, and more prayers to those whom were victims of this along with their friends and families... It's just horrific...

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Whatta ya know...he's crazy:
    My wife's speculating either anti-social personality disorder or aspergers, according to what's been hinted at so far.

Prayers to all the people affected by this tragedy. The terror in those children's eyes while they watched their friends get killed is unfathomable. There is a special kind of Hell for this shooter.
    Libs on my fb have already started petitions for gun control. They can't for one moment put politics aside and pray for these innocent souls.

The pain of losing a child this way would probably destroy me. I pray for the parents who have to deal with this and for the children whose precious lives were cut short in this manner.

This is just so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    My wife's speculating either anti-social personality disorder or aspergers, according to what's been hinted at so far.
    This is exactly as he's being described by people who knew him. Anti-social, quiet, intelligent, socially awkward etc. Someone also said that he appeared to have Aspergers though it hasn't been confirmed.
    The described his mother as being very involved and protective of her two sons.

I'm sure we'll know more as the story unfolds.

One thing. I liked Obama's comments right up to the part where he decided to politicize it. I believe his tears and his getting verklempt were sincere but he had to go and throw in the political backhand. Like I said, he was great up until he did that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

There are days I'd like to believe in a hell... but even that would be to good for this man. I cannot begin to understand the depths of sickness one must have to want to inflict such harm on so many children... I'm not a man easily moved to tears, but man this one has torn me up.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    There are days I'd like to believe in a hell... but even that would be to good for this man. I cannot begin to understand the depths of sickness one must have to want to inflict such harm on so many children... I'm not a man easily moved to tears, but man this one has torn me up.
    Maybe the man didn't believe in God and thought he could do what he does without repercussions? Maybe he wasn't mentally ill, just evil? I think as we become a more Godless society more and more people will lose their moral compass.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Rather than remembering the evil who committed this, remember the victims...remember their names.
    The children:
    Charlotte Bacon, 6, 2/22/06
    Daniel Barden, 7, 9/25/05
    Olivia Engel, 6, 7/18/06
    Josephine Gay, 7, 12/11/05
    Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6, 4/4/06
    Dylan Hockley, 6, 3/8/06
    Madeleine F. Hsu, 6, 7/10/06
    Catherine V. Hubbard, 6, 6/8/06
    Chase Kowalski, 7, 10/31/05
    Jesse Lewis, 6, 6/30/06
    James Mattioli, 6, 3/22/06
    Grace McDonnell, 7, 11/4/05
    Emilie Parker, 6, 5/12/06
    Jack Pinto, 6, 5/6/06
    Noah Pozner, 6, 11/20/06
    Caroline Previdi, 6, 9/7/06
    Jessica Rekos, 6, 5/10/06
    Avielle Richman, 6, 10/17/06
    Benjamin Wheeler, 6, 9/12/06
    Allison N. Wyatt, 6, 7/03/06

The adults:
    Rachel Davino, 29, 07/17/83
    Dawn Hochsprung, 47, 6/28/65
    Anne Marie Murphy, 52, 7/25/60
    Lauren Rousseau, 30, 6/82
    Mary Sherlach, 56, 02/11/56
    Victoria Soto, 27, 11/04/85

Pray for their family and friends and all who mourn them.

Liz
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

There are some things that Geraldo Rivera should not be allowed to report on and this is one of them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis