Thread: Cool Thursday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cool Thursday! 
    Up early and was delighted to find it actually COOL out this morning...like around 65-68...no big deal for you hardcore Northerners but I love this time of the year...well, NEXT month, honestly...

TOTD: What's your favorite season and why? Mine is when it starts getting really cool, for down here in Florida, anyway...from mid-October through Turkey Day...love this weather...makes me feel more energized and not so drained from the heat and humidity. And then--oh yeah--there's Halloween...:D:eek:

Also, it IS nice to mow the grass and not feel like you're gonna die...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    Cool here in Virginia, too. Our summers are not quite as deadly. I feel like I wake up again when the weather cools off. Why live in a place you know is going to be so horrible, temperature-wise, most of the time?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

60degrees here. I haven't seen any turning leaves but I expect them.

TOTD: late spring, early summer. I love the new green of the trees, the long lazy evenings and getting to hang around in the pool till late at night. Cookouts, picnics, watermelon, fireworks on the 4th.....

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Cool here in Virginia, too. Our summers are not quite as deadly. I feel like I wake up again when the weather cools off. Why live in a place you know is going to be so horrible, temperature-wise, most of the time?
    Well, I have lived in Fla for pretty much most of my life. You get used to it...even if the middle of August is a killer, heat-and-humidity-wise. I would probably freak out living someplace where it snowed. :eek:
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    Or, with my luck, trying to drive on it in the lane next to me.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It's warm in the day and chilly at night out here. We have a possibility for rain in a few days. The trees are getting serious about that color change thingy now.

TOTD: I like every season except the dead of winter. I like to be outside doing things and only thing to do in the middle of winter is skiing or boarding. That stuff is fine but it gets tiresome after a while.

Autumn.

It's the best time of the year here.

Fall colors, harvest goodies, lovely temps.

70 here today - crystal clear - dead calm. I should take my fish’en pole and walk to the beach.

TOTD: This is it - my favorite time of year. The idiot tourists have gone home and my little town’s sleepy again. Well, until the Christmas stupidity starts, anyway.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Or, with my luck, trying to drive on it in the lane next to me.
    Have I ever told you about the one time I had to drive in the snow? You would've loved me!:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    No - was it as horrific as I'm assuming it was?