Thread: "...an armed society is a polite society..."

1. #1 "...an armed society is a polite society..." 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Attention whore Pitt is trying to impress someone tonight...

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
    WilliamPitt

"...an armed society is a polite society..."

"If only one of the teachers had a gun..."

One did. She owned several, in fact. Her son used them to kill her, her colleagues, and 20 children.

...so you'll pardon me if my respect for the "Responsible Gun Ownership" argument has taken a long walk off a short pier.

I know I know I know I know, you own an AK-47 or an AR-15 and the world didn't end...because you're responsible, right?

Is everyone you know responsible? Everyone with even fleeting access to your "Arsenal of Freedom"? Is everyone who might rob your home responsible?

...pssst...

You don't need an assault weapon. You really really really don't.

You're going to defend yourself against a government that has nuclear weapons, stealth bombers, drones, SEALs and the United States fa-chrissakes Marine Corps with your piddly-ass AR-15? Good luck with that; send me a note from the front.

Grow up.

You don't need it. You want it. End of file.

Your right to bear whatever fantastically lethal thing you set your cap to is infringing upon everyone else's right not to die in another God damned bloodbath.

You don't need it.

You want it.

There's a difference.

And that's the beginning of real reform, if you decide to accept it.

Make the very Christian decision that you will, in fact, be your brother's and sister's keeper.

You don't need an AR-15 or an AK-47.

You just want it.

Other people want them, too. See: Newtown.

Exert a little self-control over your desires. Your ability to responsibly enjoy an AR-15 is NO LONGER argument enough to defend their wide, wild availability.

This is not rocket science. This is basic humanity, and enlightened self-interest.

The old saying goes, "An armed society is a polite society."

Well, we've been an armed society - 300 million guns and counting - for a long while now.

I'm sure everyone will be very polite at the 20 funerals for those 20 kids.

Mission accomplished.

http://truth-out.org/buzzflash/comme...polite-society

Oh thank you Mr. Pitt, thank you!!! You complete my life and I wouldn't know what to think if it weren't for you!!!!!

GAG!! What a self-righteous gasbag.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fuck off Pitt! You damnable fucking ghoul... How DARE you stand upon bodies of barely dead children, thump your chest and tar and feather over 100 million of your fellow countrymen! You myopic troll! You DISGUST ME! You are what's wrong with this country...you and your ilk looking the other way at the moral decay that permeates this culture...

Wake up, you journalistic wanna-be...

YOU CANNOT STOP EVIL, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY!

Now... Go find a cop, a bush and a brick, you dolt!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

What's with this need vs. want argument? I don't understand it at all.

There are countless things in a persons possession that they don't need. They have it because they want it. Pitt doesn't need a gay cowboy hat but he has one because he wanted it. When we get to the point in this country where we can tell people what products they can and can not have because they need them or want them, we're all going to wish we had guns.

There are people who know how to do electrical work but don't need to be in a union. That's OK, right?
    Be Not Afraid.

WilliamPitt

You don't need an assault weapon. You really really really don't.
    Apparently the gunman didn't need an assault weapon either. From one of the stories:

"The gunman drove to the school in his mother's car, the second official said. Three guns were found a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car."

Not that that would stop Pitt from being completely irresponsible, totally incorrect and have no point or actual relevance to what happened today. In other words, what else is new. Climb back into the bottle Will.
    Be Not Afraid.