Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Source: Obama has chosen John Kerry as Secretary of State 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh joy.

BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST December 14, 2012 5:54PM

President Barack Obama has chosen Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts to be the next secretary of state, a source has told Sun-Times columnist Michael Sneed.
    His replacement as head of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will be Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey, the Sneed source said.
    May the FORCE be with you!

So instead of picking the person who lied to America all over the place, he picks a person who tried to illegally negotiate a surrender to Vietnam. Awesome...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So instead of picking the person who lied to America all over the place, he picks a person who tried to illegally negotiate a surrender to Vietnam. Awesome...
    Oh, this could be great. A senate confirmation hearing could raise that, plus his testimony to congress about his allegations of war crimes. They can ask what, as a serving officer, he did to prevent the crimes that he personally claimed to observe (failure to report is a UCMJ violation). They can also demand to see his records, the ones that he wouldn't release to the public. There is a question as to the terms of his discharge, due to his meetings with the North Vietnamese while on active duty, and the discharge that is on display is a Carter-era reissue, not the original. Maybe he can explain all of the accusations that he made against us in Iraq, or come clean on what he meant about us being unable to avoid being stuck in Iraq because of our stupidity and academic failures.

This is a chance to drag the antiwar left through the ringer and highlight their hypocritical BS. It's John McCain's chance to rub Kerry's nose in his record. The senate Republicans should bork him with a vengeance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, this could be great. A senate confirmation hearing could raise that, plus his testimony to congress about his allegations of war crimes. They can ask what, as a serving officer, he did to prevent the crimes that he personally claimed to observe (failure to report is a UCMJ violation). They can also demand to see his records, the ones that he wouldn't release to the public. There is a question as to the terms of his discharge, due to his meetings with the North Vietnamese while on active duty, and the discharge that is on display is a Carter-era reissue, not the original. Maybe he can explain all of the accusations that he made against us in Iraq, or come clean on what he meant about us being unable to avoid being stuck in Iraq because of our stupidity and academic failures.

This is a chance to drag the antiwar left through the ringer and highlight their hypocritical BS. It's John McCain's chance to rub Kerry's nose in his record. The senate Republicans should bork him with a vengeance.
    If there are any questions about Kerry's military record it won't be from the repubs who are more concerned about their standing in the liberal media than they are about the country. Besides that, it's my understanding that a spinalectomy is irreversible.......................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    If there are any questions about Kerry's military record it won't be from the repubs who are more concerned about their standing in the liberal media than they are about the country. Besides that, it's my understanding that a spinalectomy is irreversible.......................
    Oh, I don't know about that. John McCain loathes Kerry, and he doesn't have a whole lot of friends in the senate on either side of the aisle. He's pretty arrogant and obnoxious, and those hearings could be a hoot.

However, either way, it's not likely to prevent his appointment, and I'm not too sure that it makes a difference, since any nominee is going to reflect Obama's agenda and execute his policies. We may not get anyone decent in the job, but we can make sure that the face of the Obama State Department is a high-profile leftist who is going to be synonymous with Obama's failures in that realm. And, remember that while the press loves Hillary and wants to keep her viable for 2016, they see Kerry as a loser and they will not work as hard to protect him. This could be fun.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

There is no way that ANY Republican will say Ya to his nomination. The traitor. He should have been shot a long time ago. He hates this country as much as Obama does, so they will fit well together.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    There is no way that ANY Republican will say Ya to his nomination.
    Wanna bet?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They don't need any Republicans to vote for confirmation, and Kerry will sail through. Can't be stopped, I don't think. They've got us 51 + 2 to 47.

May as well bend over....

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Wanna bet?
    At least 10 republicans will vote to confirm and I'm sure John McCain will be one of them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    But see now he can go back to Paris and do it legitimately.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.