Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Okay, okay. I feel SO much better now about paying for all of these people's houses.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

This is what I said in my thread in the Econ form about proof that Affirmative Action doesn't work.

What we are seeing now are the results of the Clinton Administration's politically correct boon doggles that not only practically guaranteed a loan for any minority, but FORCED banks to ACTIVELY PURSUE MINORITIES for loans. And if you have half a brain, you already know that minorities have much worse credit and much lower incomes than white Americans. Simple statistics.

I knew several years ago when I saw banks targeting low income minorities with their advertising that we were SCREWED. And now we are.

And, once again, the upper middle class American taxpayer (of which the vast, vasy majority are white), get to pay for all of this.

Hope you liked that house! Now I get to pay for it.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So if you came from a poor community, from a poor background - maybe with less than a stellar education and your local bank courted your financial business, where they never had before, would you know to take the time and go over every document you were signing, even though it may not be in your native language and one of your relatives was having to interpret during the signing process?.
    Are you kidding? That describes most of my grandparents. Sensibly, they avoided both banks and the government as much as humanly possible and still managed to buy land and put together businesses.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Are you kidding? That describes most of my grandparents. Sensibly, they avoided both banks and the government as much as humanly possible and still managed to buy land and put together businesses.
    He said that doesn't count because it was another time.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Different time - different financial climate. Please try to keep apples with apples.
    Yeah, back in the good old days. When people didn't buy shit when they couldn't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah, back in the good old days. When people didn't buy shit when they couldn't afford it.
    Oh, that time! Gee, I'm still living in that time.

Different time - different financial climate. Please try to keep apples with apples.
    How's this. My education consists of high school and naval training. I have my home financed and knew to get a fixed rate mortgage and not to sign anything until it has been explained to my satisfaction. Of course, I cared because I never expect the gubment to bail me out when I knew I couldn't afford it to begin with. If you're on fuckin welfare, you shouldn't be allowed to buy a house, or have a cell phone and big screen TV's with satellite for that matter.

Yes, there is plenty of blame to go around, but let's stop making minorities into victims of everything. If you fuckin stupid enough to be victimized in every aspect of your life, then you deserve it.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad