1. #1 God is' billboard replaces controversial Lincoln Tunnel atheist billboard 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    An atheist billboard on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel that declared Christmas a "myth" has been replaced by a pro-Christian billboard.

The old billboard, put up in late November by the American Atheists organization, said "You know it's a myth. This season, celebrate reason."

The sign stirred controversy among Christian organizations, prompting the Catholic League to erect its own pro-Christmas billboard on the New York side of the tunnel that read, "You Know It's Real: This Season Celebrate Jesus."

The new sign, which was posted by the Manhattan-based Times Square Church, reads "God is," and includes a word cloud of religious themes.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/1...ist-billboard/

That settles it! There is a billboard!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

As an atheist, I'm glad. More power to the Catholic League.

An Atheist calling for reason is like a muslim calling for tolerance.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post

Neither one can expect to reach his goal?

Belief in the divinity of Jesus.
    Atheist.

Is there no middle ground? May one believe that Jesus was not the son of God and yet still believe that God exists? I think so.

Just right off hand I can say that Jews do not believe in the divinity of Jesus, and Jews are certainly not Atheists.
    But in most discussions the suggestions that Jesus was simply a man will get you tossed from the room, and you will be called an Atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Belief in the divinity of Jesus.
    Atheist.

Is there no middle ground? May one believe that Jesus was not the son of God and yet still believe that God exists? I think so.

Just right off hand I can say that Jews do not believe in the divinity of Jesus, and Jews are certainly not Atheists.
    But in most discussions the suggestions that Jesus was simply a man will get you tossed from the room, and you will be called an Atheist.
    It makes you what in organized religion is a Unitarian, they were at one time fairly conservative but now they are almost not a religion but a spiritual sort of social club that believes in almost nothing and compares closely to atheists, that may be why people in conversations are so quick to associate you with an Atheist.
    You cannot be a Christian and deny the divinity of Christ, it is central and part of the very core of Christianity, you can however be a Christian and not fully understand the concept of the trinity. I think few including myself have the intelligence necessary to fully grasp the concept of three beings being one and one God. I accept it, ponder it sometimes and just go on.
    No denomination owns God and have sole knowledge of him, I think some sects follow better and more logically than others but true Christians are scattered throughout all the various Christian denominations.
    Believing in God but not Christ or the Holy Spirit does not by any means make you an Atheist, it means you have enough humility to grasp that man is not the all and all and brings you that much closer to truth, the humility you possess by the admittance of the existence of God is a precious thing and a gift that few possess today, don't waste this gift of humility, continue your search.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    As an atheist, I'm glad. More power to the Catholic League.

Yup. Why can't we all just get along?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger