Thread: There must have been a lot of good lunches..

1. #1 There must have been a lot of good lunches.. 
    I never go to lunch with my FSDO representative. He comes a couple times a year - sometimes up to four.

Spends at least six hours each time. Sometimes the entire day. He asks me (no matter which compliance officer it is that comes to regulate my facility) if I’d like to go to lunch and I never take him up on it. During my repair facility’s inspection and oversight, we’re never out of ear-shot of at least one of my employees. I know full well what little "practicalities" and secrets can lead to.

I think there must have been some really enjoyable lunches in the last ten years or so (despite some good intentioned financial legislation), between various government regulators and a plethora of banking and financial officers. You know, those meals where the tab for five people is over $500.00 and a "C" note is left for the tip?

Those must have been some heady times. The perception was that ‘The American Dream’ was the high-performance economic engine that would never blow up and drove every conceivable purchase from the latest SUV to Mom’s new $50,000 kitchen upgrade.

Now the party is definitely over and proverbial piper has come with your tab. BTW: That was the best speech George W. Bush has or will ever give, last night.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Apparently Mr. McCain didn’t take sides or have much specific input in yesterday’s ‘meetings of panic.’ Smart man. Keeping his focus strictly on what’s right for his/our country. I’m impressed. And I can see why Obama’s keeping his mouth pretty much shut.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)