1. #1 Thinking about Newtown 
    I was sitting in an A.A. meeting tonight and we were discussing the tragedy at Newtown. A bit of scripture came to mind and I stopped what I was doing and looked it up. It brought me comfort and I thought I'd share it. It is the Lord speaking to Elijah who was being hunted down by Jezebel and Ahab.

And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.
    1 Kings 19:11-13

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I don't know if it means to you what it means to me FlaG, right now, but thank you for sharing it...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot