Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I was one of those weird, loner kids in high school 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Is anyone surprised????

Wed Dec 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Philosoraptor

I was one of those weird, loner kids in high school

I remember the high school years as very painful and lonely. For some kids its a blast to be in high school, on the football team, on the cheer leading squad, etc., but for the weirdo kids, the loners and misfits and outcasts, high school is hell.

I was like the latest weirdo shooter, I often daydreamed about taking my dad's 44 magnum to school and shooting the bullies who always picked on me, and then wasting the teachers that I hated. I don't know if other kids had the kind of daydreams I had, but I'm just being honest, I was a freako, weirdo, nerd, who the bullies loved to pick on, and I had no courage to fight back or defend myself.

One time on the school bus home, one bully bloodied my nose for a joke and I just sat there bleeding with all the kids laughing at me, boys and girls, and I just took it.

Poor, poor miserable me, I know, I think most kids are bullied at some point, it's just nature and it can be cruel. Anyway, I never did kill anyone in a mass shootout blaze of glory, but I sure thought about it, but never seriously. I also considered using my dad's shooter to end it all at the tender age of 15. I was one miserable, fucked up kid, but back then, they had no school psychiatrists, only useless counselors.

Every time another one of these horrible school shootings occur I always think of my painful years in high school, and I'm very uncomfortable remembering how I was, and how similar to the shooters I was. I had easy access to several large handguns which were always laying around the house, but I never snapped.

I wish I didn't relate to these killer kids so much, I wish my high school years had been brighter, and I feel so bad for kids like this latest devil who couldn't control himself any longer and snapped. Sympathy for the devil I guess.

Were YOU one of 'those' kids? Do you know of one of those kids? Kids like that need a little extra attention, and a little extra observation, and a little understanding. Today schools are more aware of bullying, and now there's cyber-bullying. Today's kids have a lot more for their heads to wrap around than I did, but kids are still kids, and some of them are living in severe mental pain.

I had no pills to help me then, no psychotropic meds for depression or dyslexia, which I have too, I had no adults to understand or comfort me, and somehow I survived to today. But every time one of these awful massacres happens, I thank the stars that I made it through unscathed. Suffer the little children to come unto me.

Not surprised in the least mopaul.
    May the FORCE be with you!

What does he mean "was"?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

3. #3 And now... 
    He's a weird loner adult. But he's in the right place.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Using DU logic he should be locked up immediately for the good of society.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    There appear to be a great many of the walking wounded on DU, many of whom I suspect are on psychiatric medications. I don't say that to be mean, simply as an observation.

Kids shouldn't have to put up with a lot of crap from other kids. There is a difference between little power games and dominance play and relentless making life hell kind of behaviors. I don't know why teachers and admins can let one child be humiliated day in and day out, but chastising the bullies and humiliating them in front of their peers so they will understand what they are doing is somehow unthinkable.

My great aunt was the principal of the local public elementary school. She had a paddle. Everyone knew that Miss Hazel had a paddle and would use it.

I say bring back corporal punishment, and anyone who doesn't think their little angel deserves it can home school.

I can top MoPaul.

I was a weird kid in school too, I got picked on and bullied by a lot of people.
    The worse one for a time was a Moonbat kid named Rob who worshiped John Lennon like a deity. Not only that but I had Asperger's ( still do).

But one day school is finished and you go make a life for yourself in the real world.
    Many hit their peak in High School and the rest of their existence is down hill from there.

every now and then you run into a high school big shot, and many are living a misable life. Sadly, they found out that people in the real world weren't going to kissing their ass and coasting by on popularity stopped when they handed you the sheep skin.

One stuck-up asshole named Tim Reilly who made me misable every chance he got, lost a lot of good jobs, and suffered four nervous breakdowns before ending up at a dead end job at second rate junior college.

Time and Karma are the best revenge.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I can top MoPaul.

I was a weird kid in school too, I got picked on and bullied by a lot of people.
    The worse one for a time was a Moonbat kid named Rob who worshiped John Lennon like a deity. Not only that but I had Asperger's ( still do).

But one day school is finished and you go make a life for yourself in the real world.
    Many hit their peak in High School and the rest of their existence is down hill from there.

every now and then you run into a high school big shot, and many are living a misable life. Sadly, they found out that people in the real world weren't going to kissing their ass and coasting by on popularity stopped when they handed you the sheep skin.

One stuck-up asshole named Tim Reilly who made me misable every chance he got, lost a lot of good jobs, and suffered four nervous breakdowns before ending up at a dead end job at second rate junior college.

Time and Karma are the best revenge.
    It's a fairly predictable result, as I see it. What do our schools and many of the parents place value on?

She is so pretty. (Beauty fades)
    He is so handsome. (Beauty fades)
    He's captain of the football team! (chances are he has no chance of making a college team)

Meanwhile, we refer to the kids who take AP course as nerds.
    We allow too many kids to have dead end dreams with no Plan B.

Seriously, where is the adult supervision and guidance? Where are the REAL values?

In all my years in high school I never once attended an assembly in which a teacher, counselor, or admin laid it on the line about high school politics. It was left for us to figure out for ourselves, and there was a lot of law of the jungle in the result. We never got that great speech, in which someone told the assholes to stop being assholes, or like Bill Gates said, "Treat the nerds well, you'll be working for one someday."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There appear to be a great many of the walking wounded on DU, many of whom I suspect are on psychiatric medications. I don't say that to be mean, simply as an observation.

Kids shouldn't have to put up with a lot of crap from other kids. There is a difference between little power games and dominance play and relentless making life hell kind of behaviors. I don't know why teachers and admins can let one child be humiliated day in and day out, but chastising the bullies and humiliating them in front of their peers so they will understand what they are doing is somehow unthinkable.

My great aunt was the principal of the local public elementary school. She had a paddle. Everyone knew that Miss Hazel had a paddle and would use it.

I say bring back corporal punishment, and anyone who doesn't think their little angel deserves it can home school.
    Makes a lot of sense. However something fundamental has been lost from my school time 'till now. Hell, we all had pocket knives. We may have fought on the playground, or after school but, never did anyone pull out a knife. The "system" has led to a diminished value of one's own life and of those around him/her.
    It's fucked up now. No black kids were accused of "being white" when they made good grades. The whole belief system has gone to hell. When we got "the paddle" or bad grades we didn't go cry to mommy. We did our best to hide it from her. They never, ever took our side in such matters. Now, they have a damn lawyer on speed dial. Unions who make it impossible to get the sorry teachers out....Lot's of shit that needs to be fixed. But in today's political climate, none of it will.

I was bullied once in the 5th grade by one of the kids that wanted to be a popular so felt he had to demean someone (me) in order to be liked by the in crowd. I told my teacher. Ms. Reidel took him by the shirt collar in front of the whole class and ripped him up. The boy stayed away from me for the rest of the school year.

Yeah, it really is that simple to stop a bully. Tell a teacher or parent. Nowadays, teachers aren't able to lift anyone by the collar, unfortunately.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Is anyone surprised????

Not surprised in the least mopaul.
    Too bad the shooter dosen't just shoot the SOB that mistreated him, and then kill himself without harming anyone else so we can be rid of both of them.
    Kinda like culling the herd... letting the bad guys kill each other as they are doing right now in Chicago, doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me.
    Last edited by valiant; 12-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.