Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    This loon is lucky she knows what planet she's on.
    I'm pretty sure you're giving her entirely too much credit there.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well fortunately, as an enlisted person I'm not held to that article, so I can say it. She's an idiot.
    Sorry, but Article 88 applies to everyone, and it's punitive. Hold your wrist in front of your monitor so that I can virtually slap it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Negative Col. Wording specifically states "Commissioned Officers". I am a "Noncommissioned Officer".

Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct
    Us low brow enlisted folks are expected to badmouth our betters. We don't know no better.
    Last edited by djones520; 12-21-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The UCMJ applies 24/7. That's why I'm only allowed to think that she's an idiot.
    If I still lived in Springfield, I would volunteer to stand on Belvoir and say it for you.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sorry, but Article 88 applies to everyone, and it's punitive. Hold your wrist in front of your monitor so that I can virtually slap it.
    Negative Col. Wording specifically states "Commissioned Officers". I am a "Noncommissioned Officer".

Us low brow enlisted folks are expected to badmouth our betters. We don't know no better.
    The way I read that, you can't express contempt for Congress, as an institution and the core of our Republic. I don't see that barring you from making contemptuous remarks about contemptuous Congressmen as individuals. However, since I am not the one who would be brought up on charges, I can understand your caution.

Out-lawyered by an enlisted troopie, and an Air Force one to boot. Oh, the shame... <sigh> Okay, I'm putting my wrist up to the screen....

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If I still lived in Springfield, I would volunteer to stand on Belvoir and say it for you.
    I appreciate that, but don't feel constrained by geography. Say it wherever you are, as it is still true.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The way I read that, you can't express contempt for Congress, as an institution and the core of our Republic. I don't see that barring you from making contemptuous remarks about contemptuous Congressmen as individuals. However, since I am not the one who would be brought up on charges, I can understand your caution.
    Especially since I would not be surprised if our current leadership decided to use politically incorrect speech as a reason to purge us unenlightened personnel from the force.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!