Thread: What Happened to my Paycheck?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 What Happened to my Paycheck? 
    NC traveler learns the hard truth about the Democratic parties loyalty to the poor and middle class.

NCTraveler (940 posts)

View profile

What happened that my SS withholdings in my paycheck just went up.

My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don't feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease will hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over $400,000.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022125273#post88
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

This is what you libs voted for..

Enjoy, enjoy!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I just got paid today and my check was smaller. However I do not know if that was from working less OT hours in the last pay period due to the holidays or from the new taxes kicking in. Once I get to work and see my statement (I have direct deposit) I'll be able to tell whether or not I've been hit yet by the tax increase every working person got.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I can't wait for the realization to sink in that this is what he voted for.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm glad the payroll tax "cut" was ended, because payroll tax "cuts" remove funds from medicare and social security and that's ALLL we need right now is entitlement programs even MORE unfunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    I'm glad the payroll tax "cut" was ended, because payroll tax "cuts" remove funds from medicare and social security and that's ALLL we need right now is entitlement programs even MORE unfunded.
    Not sure if serious.

It was "removed" from people struggling to make it. Give me a break that people making 55,000 a year are rich.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Not sure if serious.

It was "removed" from people struggling to make it. Give me a break that people making 55,000 a year are rich.
    They've always removed cash from people struggling to make it. The only way that we will ever get control of spending is if people are actually taxed to pay for programs, instead of the feds borrowing to cover the shortfall. If people were actually paying out of pocket for the programs that the feds waste money on, they'd soon object to the fraud, waste and abuse that we now take for granted.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If your paycheck was processed before the vote occurred, then your taxes for at least this check went up. Mine did by about $40, but the state sent all employees a memo to explain this to us. Because of the holiday, our payroll was processed early this pay period, and I assume most large businesses did the same.

Despite all the propaganda from the Obama folks, there's no way they can get substantial revenue from the 1%, who have an army of tax advisers to get around any of the fed snatches of their wealth. Wait til the feds come down harder on the middle and lower class, which they will have to do. The sad thing is there's more to grab from 99% of the people than 1%, who are already paying a lot unless you're a crony of Obama. Then they pay little or nothing.

I really wonder how long it will take for the realization to sink in, sort of the old buyer's remorse on a national scale.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"