Thread: Plan to unseat Speaker John Boehner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Plan to unseat Speaker John Boehner 
    Several conservative House Republican members are contemplating a plan to unseat Speaker John Boehner from his position on January 3, Breitbart News has exclusively learned. Staffers have compiled a detailed action plan that, if executed, could make this a reality.

The Republicans, both conservatives and more establishment members alike, are emboldened after the failure of Boehner’s fiscal cliff “Plan B” on Thursday evening. Dissatisfaction with Boehner is growing in the House Republican conference, but until now there hasn’t been a clear path forward.

Those members and staffers requested anonymity from Breitbart News at this time to prevent retaliation from Boehner similar to what happened to those four members who were purged from their powerful committee assignments a few weeks ago. Their expressed concern is that if Boehner knew who they were, his adverse reaction toward them would be much more brutal than losing committee assignments, such as a primary challenge in 2014 by a leadership-sponsored candidate.
    Read More>http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-oust-Speaker
    He has been a mistake since day one and I said something then.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Several conservative House Republican members are contemplating a plan to unseat Speaker John Boehner from his position on January 3, Breitbart News has exclusively learned. Staffers have compiled a detailed action plan that, if executed, could make this a reality.

The Republicans, both conservatives and more establishment members alike, are emboldened after the failure of Boehner’s fiscal cliff “Plan B” on Thursday evening. Dissatisfaction with Boehner is growing in the House Republican conference, but until now there hasn’t been a clear path forward.

Those members and staffers requested anonymity from Breitbart News at this time to prevent retaliation from Boehner similar to what happened to those four members who were purged from their powerful committee assignments a few weeks ago. Their expressed concern is that if Boehner knew who they were, his adverse reaction toward them would be much more brutal than losing committee assignments, such as a primary challenge in 2014 by a leadership-sponsored candidate.
    Read More>http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-oust-Speaker
    He has been a mistake since day one and I said something then.
    Love your angel piggy. Back to business, agree with you that he's a mistake. He might be brutal hanging on to power, punishing his own party that dare stand up to him, but he's not nearly tough enough with the dems. We need someone who will stand up to Obama and his buddies. Goigt the weak route isn't working.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Yes. Boehner is a little Nasty Pelosi wannabe. Despite his promise (anybody remember?) to be exactly the opposite.

I used to wonder if theres even an ounce of conservatism in this jack asses bones. However, I 'wonder' no more. He is a pure Washington insider through and through. Nothing else matters. Not even 'country'. Just get to the top and hang onto that power no matter what. Free bourbon, free tanning salons for everybody! (except for those lowlife constituents of course)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Boehner seems to be more interested in the opposition liking him than doing what he was put in that position to do. I don't know what he's really thinking half the time...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

My take is a little different.

I think Obama wants to go over the cliff with regard to the military cuts. He is saying he doesn't because he knows he will be able to blame Boehner when it happens.
    So he insists on tax increases that don't make any difference, knowing that Boehner will have to take an unpopular position and split up the Republican party.

It's working. Boehner is getting the blame; The Republicans are splitting up. We are now talking about replacing Boehner because we view him as too weak. Obama won't care because none of the Republican's votes were ever available for him anyway. Splitting the Republican vote is good for him.

I don't think the tax increases make all that much difference. We are not talking about taxing those who make over a mark. We are talking about an increase in taxes for those whose adjusted gross is over the mark, and it just won't amount to a hill of beans to anyone I know, or have ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    He had teaparty Representatives removed from committees and actively campaigned against others in the last election, if it weren't for the Teaparty there would be know Republican speaker of the house.
    He should have stuck with who brought him to the dance. Adios to trash.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I think Obama wants to go over the cliff with regard to the military cuts. He is saying he doesn't because he knows he will be able to blame Boehner when it happens.
    So he insists on tax increases that don't make any difference, knowing that Boehner will have to take an unpopular position and split up the Republican party.

It's working. Boehner is getting the blame; The Republicans are splitting up. We are now talking about replacing Boehner because we view him as too weak. Obama won't care because none of the Republican's votes were ever available for him anyway. Splitting the Republican vote is good for him.

I don't think the tax increases make all that much difference. We are not talking about taxing those who make over a mark. We are talking about an increase in taxes for those whose adjusted gross is over the mark, and it just won't amount to a hill of beans to anyone I know, or have ever known.
    Of course Maobama wants to head over the cliff, his desire to bring this country down knows no bounds. Boehner, instead of playing smart, is playing into the President's hands. Smart thing to do and take the soapbox away is to send the Senate and the President a bill containing tax cuts and let the Dems shoot it down, That way it is on the Dems when taxes increase...

Why do we keep falling for these lifetime lying politicians???? That's my biggest WTF
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He had teaparty Representatives removed from committees and actively campaigned against others in the last election, if it weren't for the Teaparty there would be know Republican speaker of the house.
    He should have stuck with who brought him to the dance. Adios to trash.
    I believe the problem he had was that there were not enough teaparty representatives to carry the day, and the non-teaparty people couldn't carry it either.
    If he is removed the next Speaker will have the same problem.
    Could be, the reduction in spending associated with the fiscal cliff is the only way to get a true reduction. What we've gotten up til now is a reduction in spending increase, which is always called a "reduction in spending". Most of us - especially this forum - want a true reduction in spending.

I view the fiscal cliff as the new Y2K, in that I don't believe it will amount to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    ......... Smart thing to do and take the soapbox away is to send the Senate and the President a bill containing tax cuts and let the Dems shoot it down, That way it is on the Dems when taxes increase....
    I will admit to being a little fuzzy when it comes to details, but isn't that what Boehner tried to do? If I understood correctly, Boehner tried to get a tax cut passed, but couldn't, so he yanked it rather than have it defeated.

But it’s uncertain whether any other House Republican has the broad appeal to seize the job from Boehner or whether his embarrassing inability to pass his own bill preventing tax increases on everyone but millionaires is enough to topple him...................................

The morning after he yanked the tax-cutting bill from the House floor to prevent certain defeat........,
    It looks to me as if there are some representatives who are willing to die, so to speak, rather than pass anything with a tax increase in it. These reps - call them "spending cutters only" - have dug in and will not give in. Foolish, I think, but that's what they are doing.

I will admit to being a little fuzzy when it comes to details, but isn't that what Boehner tried to do? If I understood correctly, Boehner tried to get a tax cut passed, but couldn't, so he yanked it rather than have it defeated.

It looks to me as if there are some representatives who are willing to die, so to speak, rather than pass anything with a tax increase in it. These reps - call them "spending cutters only" - have dug in and will not give in. Foolish, I think, but that's what they are doing.
    If our only choice is to do as they do, we may as well just vote for them.