1. #1 So, I'll be leaving the US soon 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Heh. Well maybe this is real...

Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Recursion

So, I'll be leaving the US soon

I did my twenties as a Marine and served a lot of places. Now I'm in my thirties and I've found the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, and she's a Foreign Service Officer. So, we're getting married and I'll spend 20 of the next 30 years abroad with her.

Some people don't do well with staying in one place; I'm one of them, and we're drawn to the military. We're also drawn to the foreign service.

Anyways, our next post is Mumbai, and part of our job is helping out Americans in the region. Anybody heading near Mumbai please come say hello.

I love this country very much, for all its faults. Part of representing the U.S. overseas is that even as a spouse I can't say stuff as freely as I could before. So, you might see less of me here. Please understand that this is not out of lack of love for DU, just out of how things work.

You've been wonderful friends and I'm so glad to have been here, and I will stick around as much as is possible. Take care, guys.

So, a DUmmie is getting married and moving to the hell hole of India. DU's vast political knowledge should be an asset...Right???

Response to Squinch (Reply #5)
    Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Recursion

13. I'll still say hi, Squinch, fear not.

I just can't as a spouse say everything freely. And that's the world we live with; it's not an injustice. I do love all of you DUer's, though.

Hmmm...

Response to Tikki (Reply #10)
    Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Recursion

12. Oh, I'll keep reading

But my fiancee will be up to be an ambassador in about 20 years, and politics being how they are I need as small of a paper trail as possible. Who knows? If politics subside I can come back freely.

Now what does THAT horseshit mean??? Sounds super-secret!!! Or, maybe just delusional.

Then again, if this person's wife was going to be an important person, would her superiors be happy knowing the hubby was an active member of a nuthouse like DU????
    Probably not.

Then again, this person probably talks to dead people...
    May the FORCE be with you!

One less DUmmie posting = The Internet just got smarter.

It's amazing how the DUmmies do everything in their power to make America worse, and then leave.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

12. Oh, I'll keep reading

But my fiancee will be up to be an ambassador in about 20 years, and politics being how they are I need as small of a paper trail as possible.
    20,000 posts on DU that will be on the Internets in perpetuity.

I'm sure there was some good 'murika hatin' going on during that time.
    Be Not Afraid.