Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 too sexy??? you're fired !!! 
    an Iowa dental assistant is fired by her boss and his wife who considered her a threat to their marriage, and the all male Iowa Supreme Court agreed.

"These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires," said attorney Paige Fiedler. "If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22...#ixzz2FylpTxZL
    like some feedback here. especially from our F members. this is a crock a shit. obviously his wife does not trust him
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22...#ixzz2FysTqpUn
    If she was dressing in this manner and it was brought to her attention, then it was her fault she was fired... Not that I believe the entire story as told...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    If she was dressing in this manner and it was brought to her attention, then it was her fault she was fired... Not that I believe the entire story as told...
    This happened to me once. It was an embarrassing experience

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Knight is a very religious and moral individual, and he sincerely believed that firing Nelson would be best for all parties, he said.
    <snort> except Nelson.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

There's a bit more in the article:

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson -- both married with children -- started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Nelson filed a lawsuit alleging gender discrimination, arguing she would not have been terminated if she was male. She did not allege sexual harassment because Knight's conduct may not have risen to that level and didn't particularly offend her, Fiedler said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22...#ixzz2FzLJEEdd
    In other words, he was flirting with her, his wife found out, and demanded that he let her go. Not exactly innocent on his part. I'd say that she has a case, not for sexual discrimination, but sexual harassment.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    In other words, he was flirting with her, his wife found out, and demanded that he let her go. Not exactly innocent on his part. I'd say that she has a case, not for sexual discrimination, but sexual harassment.
    But he's "very religious and moral" and her boss, so that's ok. It must then be all her fault.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This happened to me once. It was an embarrassing experience
    We should start a support group, they just don't understand.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There's a bit more in the article:

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson -- both married with children -- started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Nelson filed a lawsuit alleging gender discrimination, arguing she would not have been terminated if she was male. She did not allege sexual harassment because Knight's conduct may not have risen to that level and didn't particularly offend her, Fiedler said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22...#ixzz2FzLJEEdd
    Like I said Ody... I don't believe the story as told. There is more here than is being reported...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    But he's "very religious and moral" and her boss, so that's ok. It must then be all her fault.
    Exactly. His temptation is her fault. He'd make a great Muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hard to say. I think that we need more information. Like photos of the offending outfits with her in them.
    Like I said Ody... I don't believe the story as told. There is more here than is being reported...
    Agreed, but even as reported, it's obvious that she's got a case for wrongful dismissal, since the boss flirted with her.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm too sexy for a support group.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis