Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There's a bit more in the article:

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, "that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it."

Knight and Nelson -- both married with children -- started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.

Knight fired Nelson and gave her one month's severance. He later told Nelson's husband that he worried he was getting too personally attached and feared he would eventually try to start an affair with her.

Nelson was stunned because she viewed the 53-year-old Knight as a father figure and had never been interested in starting a relationship, Fiedler said.

Nelson filed a lawsuit alleging gender discrimination, arguing she would not have been terminated if she was male. She did not allege sexual harassment because Knight's conduct may not have risen to that level and didn't particularly offend her, Fiedler said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/22...#ixzz2FzLJEEdd
    In other words, he was flirting with her, his wife found out, and demanded that he let her go. Not exactly innocent on his part. I'd say that she has a case, not for sexual discrimination, but sexual harassment.
    This isn't some multinational corporation where the parties can be transferred to different departments, it's a freaking dentist office! What's this guy supposed to do? Shut his business down because he is too distracted to work and he can't fire the distraction?

Sexual harassment! Yeah, against her! Strutting around flaunting camel toe, swollen cleavage and a tight ass is one hell of a distraction. Hell, I'm getting distracted just thinking about her.......................I'll be back in a little while..................................
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You have 1 employer , 1 employee and 1 problem. Someone has to go. Gee who ya suppose that person will be ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I think that we need more information. Like photos of the offending outfits with her in them.
    Now that's an excellent idea right there.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

As it turns out, and for the curious, story w/ pics from The Daily Hell:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rules-her.html

Sadly no "outfit" shots.

I'd like to know what he means by provocative. I worked in an office environment and seen lots of gals dressed hot. so what. they never fired them. was she walking around with it all showing and hanging out???? if so she should be called out but not fired. and an all male jury??? this really blows
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You have 1 employer , 1 employee and 1 problem. Someone has to go. Gee who ya suppose that person will be ?
    Well, not exactly 1. Actually, the wife worked in the office, too.

That changes things. Not only did The Twit have perky tits, but she was 21 years younger, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Well, not exactly 1. Actually, the wife worked in the office, too.

That changes things. Not only did The Twit have perky tits, but she was 21 years younger, too!
    who's fuckin' who's mind ????
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

The whole ordeal to me sounded like the guy was having a midlife crisis and thought he'd go for an employee. What was revealed elsewhere, would have clearly been sexual harassment towards her, had it been in a corporate environment. She was a stellar long term employee by his own words, married, with kids, and not engaging his deviant behavior. His wife finds out he was flirting with her and demands she be fired, understandable feelings.

Personally I view it as sexual harassment and the guy to be an absolute douche bag.

Fact is, it's a free market system and he can fire her for almost any reason he chooses, or no reason at all. But some well meaning politician will try to pass a law limiting the reasons for termination, and awaaaay we go, down the road already paved by Europeans.

I don't want to go down that road. Leave it the way it is; it's his business, his employee.

In fact, I think she is a crybaby for not getting another job during the month she was terminated, but still being paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Fact is, it's a free market system and he can fire her for almost any reason he chooses, or no reason at all. But some well meaning politician will try to pass a law limiting the reasons for termination, and awaaaay we go, down the road already paved by Europeans.

I don't want to go down that road. Leave it the way it is; it's his business, his employee.

In fact, I think she is a crybaby for not getting another job during the month she was terminated, but still being paid.
    So he has an uncontrollable boner and it's somehow her fault ?? I must be missing something here.