Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    So he has an uncontrollable boner and it's somehow her fault ?? I must be missing something here.
    The only thing you are missing is the free market mindset, which means he may employ or un-employ anyone of his choosing (almost). He may have fired her for having bad breath, big breasts, extra-marital affairs, not getting along with patients, not getting along with his wife, being a liberal, being a conservative, carrying a handgun in her purse, being 30 seconds late, leaving one minute early or any other reason that occurs to him. But he didn't. He fired her because she became a threat to his marriage. May or may not have been her fault, but there it is.

She is qualified in her field. She should go get another job, and quit her complaining. The trouble is, her willingness to use the court the way she did would preclude her from working in my office. So in the end she screwed only herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    The only thing you are missing is the free market mindset, which means he may employ or un-employ anyone of his choosing (almost).
    I'd say the same free market mindset gives her the right to sue him for all manner of things, not least of which would be sexual harrasment, which she isn't doing. I'd say him going on and on to her about getting wood kinda leaves him "exposed" to legal redress, or at least should.

Just out of interest, are you a 1978 Starbuck or a re-imagined Starbuck?
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    ........Just out of interest, are you a 1978 Starbuck or a re-imagined Starbuck?
    I'm the 1851 Starbuck, Chief mate of Pequod, and born of the pen of Herman Melville. I, and I alone stood silently while Ahab roused the crew to the task of hunting the white whale, and I alone passed the celebratory measure of grog without so much as a sip. Had I spoken my fears aloud, Pequod and her crew might have been saved, but weakling that I was, I stood mutely and allowed Melville and his pen to drown us all save Ishmael.
    Foolish man that I was!.......

For once, the patients are making the dentist “Yelp.”

Users have written 22 largely one-star reviews of an Iowa dentist on the social-reviews website Yelp after an all-male Supreme Court gave him the thumbs up for firing a dental assistant he found “irresistible

Melissa Nelson, a 32-year-old married mother of two, had worked for James Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting -- once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the Supreme Court opinion.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/12/...#ixzz2GHuBNsVH
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

A Dentist chose his wife & business over a Dential assistant. What a cad.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

She can't help it if her boss is attracted to her. The boss' wife acted out of jealousy, which is also understandable after seeing their pics.

I think she has a civil suit on her hands, even if she doesn't get her job back, she should sue for damages and lost wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    She can't help it if her boss is attracted to her. The boss' wife acted out of jealousy, which is also understandable after seeing their pics.

I think she has a civil suit on her hands, even if she doesn't get her job back, she should sue for damages and lost wages.

What damages ? As far as "lost wages" she got a months wages for not working,not much of a loss now is it.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What damages ? As far as "lost wages" she got a months wages for not working,not much of a loss now is it.
    She must have not had a lot of money as she got a dumb attorney who didn't underscore the fact that he sent his employee texts about orgasms. This was a slam dunk sexual harassment case...if her dumb attorney took it in that direction.

I saw her interviewed last night and I gotta say she's pretty hot. That said, what would be the outpouring if she had been fired because she was too ugly?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I saw her interviewed last night and I gotta say she's pretty hot. That said, what would be the outpouring if she had been fired because she was too ugly?
    Should it matter. Does a business owner as the employer retain the right to hire/fire at their discretion or not , or is that the states call.