Thread: Movie Screw-Ups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Movie Screw-Ups 
    So I was just watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and it was on the scene that had Indie threatening to blow the Ark up with an RPG.

Slight problem with this though. This took place in 1936. The prop he was using was an RPG-2, which wasn't invented until 1949. Sure, Hollywood getting weapon props wrong, not that big a deal. The real issue was the fact that the RPG didn't even enter any military service until 1942 with the American Bazooka, followed shortly by the German Panzerfaust.

So what are some classic Hollywood blunders that you've caught?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

The biggest Hollywood blunder that I can currently think of is in the White House.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    The biggest Hollywood blunder that I can currently think of is in the White House.
    Shame on you, Janice! It's now RACIST to call it the "White" House.........

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So I was just watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and it was on the scene that had Indie threatening to blow the Ark up with an RPG.

Slight problem with this though. This took place in 1936. The prop he was using was an RPG-2, which wasn't invented until 1949. Sure, Hollywood getting weapon props wrong, not that big a deal. The real issue was the fact that the RPG didn't even enter any military service until 1942 with the American Bazooka, followed shortly by the German Panzerfaust.

There were several in that movie.

Such as the Golden Gate Bridge being completed. The movie took place in 1936, but the bridge wasn't built till 1937.

When flying from Nepal to Egypt shown on a map. Iran is named Iran and Jordan is named Jordan. But in 1936 Iran was Persia and Jordan was Trans Jordania.

Also during the trip to Nepal, "Thailand" is clearly written on the map. In the time of the film, it should have been Siam.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Oh God, where do I begin. I used to belong to a web site called Nitpickers.com where you can submit movie mistakes. IMDB has this as well. I drive my wife crazy with these but if you're strictly talking factual errors and not stuff like seeing the filming crew or stuff like that, fasten your seatbelt, Ima about to take you for a ride:

Ace Ventura Pet Detective: The team photo Ace is using to weed out possible Snowflake kidnappers from the 1984 Dolphins(the alleged kidnappers is thought to have been wearing a 1984 AFC Championship ring), the team photo was taken at Joe Robbie Stadium. However, Joe Robbie stadium wasn't built until 1987.

Back to the Future: Marty travels back to 11/5/1955 and meets his then teenage mother. His grandfather pulls the TV up to the dinner table to watch The Honeymooners. The episode shown is when the Kramden's and Norton's were going to a costume party and Ralph improvises a costume presumably as the man from space. This episode did not air on 11/5/55(the show was performed live at the time) but rather on 12/31/55. The 11/5/55 episode should have been about Norton sleepwalking.

Invincible: The story of former football player Vince Papale who made the Eagles after taking part of an open try out. Couple of factual errors in this. #1, this was not Papale's first foray into professional football as he was a member of the defunct WFL's Philadelphia Bell prior to his try out with the Eagles. Also, exterior shots of Veterans Stadium showed an exterior elevator. They were not put in until the late 80's(the film takes place in 1976). The stadium is also shown to have bench seating. This was not the case(with the exception of 3 rows of bench seating put in in the mid 80's along the very top of the stadium far above where the actors were sitting at the beginning of the movie). I give the producers some slack here as this movie was made 2 years after The Vet was demolished.

Hearts in Atlantis: Ted tells Bobby of a story about Bronco Nagurski coming out of retirement to help the Bears beat the Cardinals for the championship. The Bears and Cardinals never played for the championship. The game in question was against the Redskins.

Just a few...
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 12-26-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

How about some technical screwups;

Raiders of the Lost Ark: In the scene where Indy goes into the Well of Souls, he falls to the ground in front of a cobra who raises up in a threatening position. You can clearly see the glass separating Ford from the cobra. The glass even had finger prints on it. This has since been edited out of the recently remastered versions.

Gladiator: In the scene where the gladiators fight the Nubians in the recreation of the battle of Zama, one of the chariots overturns and you can clearly see a gas bottle(of compressed air) that was used to flip the chariot over. Here is a pic of that one:

Rocky III: In flashback scenes, Rocky is seen wearing the red, white, and blue trunks. Problem is, at this point in the film Apollo hasn't given them to him yet.

Rocky IV: Right before Apollo fights Drago, Apollo enters the ring wearing his boxing gloves, however, when he's jumping around and gesturing to Drago during the introductions, he's pointing with a gloveless hand.

PeeWee's Big Adventure: Pee Wee is driving Micky's Edsel in the middle of the night while Micky sleeps. Pee Wee is sleepy himself and is trying to navigate through winding roads. He passes signs telling him of upcoming road hazards. You can plainly see the signs are on tracks and are being rolled passed the camera.

Here's a subtle one but not necessarily a mistake:

The Godfather: In the scene where Michael and the nurse move Vito's bed from one room to another, you can see Brando's hand get caught between the wall and the bed and he jerks it away painfully.

My favorite is in Dances With Wolves.

Costner and the Indians are riding off to go somewhere and one of the Indians is wearing Converse sneakers.

One of the buffalo has a nose ring.....Behind that buffalo you can see a cellphone tower...

In A Knights Tale, you can see the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the London Eye Ferris wheel in London. This movie takes place in the 1370's. These 2 weren't built for several hundred years.

Fabulous Poster

Or so they told you.

Do you have any doubt that Israel has fully functional particle weapons? And when will they tell us those will be invented?

Fabulous Poster
    None of you people seems to be able to grasp interwarp timeslip.

It's explained here: