Thread: Post your pet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Post your pet! 
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079


    Mindy - Border Collie/German Shephard mix. 4 years old.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Lucy and Bodhi

    Belgian Malinois.









    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,035
    Dink, 7yo Chow/Yellow Lab mix...



    Max, 11yo Golden Retriever...



    A couple of Pals...



    ...just one big happy family...

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    552
    Belle, golden retriever. This pic is a couple years old:




    That's me practicing bass trombone with my fan club. Papagena is the eclectus parrot (redhead, with a bib on because she's a feather picker) and Phoebe is the African grey.





    Here's Lexie, the alpha female and pit bull/lab mix. Smart as a whip:

    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,929
    Atrain on his throne resting.


    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    30 lat. x 90 lon.
    Posts
    18
    Baron
    He's 10 years old.



    Max
    He's 15 1/2 years old now (!) Amazing...



    Duke (and his sire Baron)
    He's almost 5.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,457
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Baron
    He's 10 years old.



    Max
    He's 15 1/2 years old now (!) Amazing...


    Duke (and his sire Baron)
    He's almost 5.

    Fine looking dogs, Max's eyes look real good for 15 years old.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    30 lat. x 90 lon.
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Fine looking dogs, Max's eyes look real good for 15 years old.
    Thanks for your interest.
    He does have a slight cataract on his left eye but overall his vision is good but slightly diminished and his hearing is also somewhat diminished..but good...15 years is tremendously old for larger breed dogs. The oldest Weim I ever had prior to this was 12.

    He has arthiritis in his hips and walks slowly and stiffly. I give him an aspirin twice a day when I feed him..Occasionally I give him a steroid if he seems particularly slow and tentative.


    Weimaraners are the only breed I've owned since I was in my 20's..I usually have 2 at a time and have had 3 in the past. These three are numbers 7, 8 and 9.

    EDIT:
    and I just noticed that picture was from almost 4 years ago...but he still looks good...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,457
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Thanks for your interest.
    He does have a slight cataract on his left eye but overall his vision is good but slightly diminished and his hearing is also somewhat diminished..but good...15 years is tremendously old for larger breed dogs. The oldest Weim I ever had prior to this was 12.

    He has arthiritis in his hips and walks slowly and stiffly. I give him an aspirin twice a day when I feed him..Occasionally I give him a steroid if he seems particularly slow and tentative.


    Weimaraners are the only breed I've owned since I was in my 20's..I usually have 2 at a time and have had 3 in the past. These three are numbers 7, 8 and 9.

    EDIT:
    and I just noticed that picture was from almost 4 years ago...but he still looks good...
    I have had better results for arthritis in older dogs with Ibuprofen.
    Rimadyl is the most effective stuff I've found but it is expensive.
    http://www.1800petmeds.com/Rimadyl-prod10261.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    30 lat. x 90 lon.
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have had better results for arthritis in older dogs with Ibuprofen.
    Rimadyl is the most effective stuff I've found but it is expensive.
    http://www.1800petmeds.com/Rimadyl-prod10261.html
    Thanks for the link. I THINK I've used that in the past...Can't remember...I never even considered Ibuprofen. My vet told me long ago that plain aspirin was good so I just stuck with that.
    I have used Metacam..a liquid NSAID for arthritis in dogs... but it gets somewhat expensive on a daily regimen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •