Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Of course it is - and just as phoney.
    I think they do it because it adds to the hype. Saying he is the first black candidate has more zing than the first "biracial" candidate.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

According to the laws of Biological science and the laws of the United States Barack isn't black but arabic. First Arabic President doesn't have the same ring to it though.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    I think they do it because it adds to the hype. Saying he is the first black candidate has more zing than the first "biracial" candidate.
    Hence my usage of the word "phoney." ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I've often wondered the same thing. I saw an interview with Halle Berry years ago where she said she considered herself black because the black community embraced her. She was raised by her white mother. I think her black dad left them but I'm not positive. It just seemed like a slap in the face to her mom though.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I've often wondered the same thing. I saw an interview with Halle Berry years ago where she said she considered herself black because the black community embraced her. She was raised by her white mother. I think her black dad left them but I'm not positive. It just seemed like a slap in the face to her mom though.
    I guess when she talks about the black community that embraced her, that does not include her black father that abandoned her. Man, her and Barack have a lot in common. Except appearance.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I would say that a lot of whites and Hispanics who actually know blacks don't really consider Obama "black" either. His upbringing and life certainly don't reflect the average experience of working class or middle class blacks in this country. Even Obama fails to find himself sufficiently black and he goes on and on about this in those dreadful books.

So you obviously don’t recognise "halvsies" is blatantly racist and ignorant?
    Zebra will suffice.;):eek:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The actual term is: Biracial.
    actually the correct term for someone of mixed African and European descent is Creole.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    actually the correct term for someone of mixed African and European descent is Creole.
    Or Mulatto.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    Or Mulatto.
    Or maybe macacca?